快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 8

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

denonHome userMember since 2005
Quote :
Developing a new controller takes time. Look how long it took to get the Denon to market. They showed this controller at the 2006 convention in AC, and it still is not on the market yet.

Correction, the HC4500 was shown for the first time "this year" at DJ Expo and will be in stores at the end of Sept 2007.
That means only 30-days from announcement to stores.

Quote :
All controllers are a bunch of buttons, and knobs. What's new about any of their designs?

"Quality"

We studied all the controllers out there and they all felt “cheap” and flismsy, (all made in China) nothing remotely professional.
The HC4500 will set new standards in MIDI controllers. It’s built like a tank (Made in Japan) and performs like flawlessly.
Even the developers of Reflex said, “this is the best DJ controller I have ever felt”.

发表时间 Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 10:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Hi everyone,

Now more then ever is the best time to be a digital DJ. Look at all the options we have with controllers. There is something out there for everyone in every price range under the sun. Sure some controllers do have more features then other as well as build quality but remember its all directly effected by the price of the unit. The best part is our software supports most of them and we are adding more and more controllers everyday. Don't expect development for "new" things to stop anytime soon and we all know that our dev team does its very best to meet the wide range of needs of todays tech savvy dj's (that's you guys) The older guys will remember the days of only one controller or none at all. When I started djing in 1996 there was only one "controller" on the market and it was very expensive for the time and it only worked with one software. Take a second to think about how good we actually have it today with many controllers working across many platforms.

To the guys that bring us this technology, thank you. Please continue to push the limits as you always do. No matter who makes it all the controller they are great in their own way. Controllers are where the rubber meets the road in a sense, so the choice will naturally be quite a personal one. No matter which you choose, make sure it works for you. I know guys perfectly happy with the djconsole and have been for years, and they are quite good DJ's. Again personal choice, pick the one that works for you.

-cyder

发表时间 Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 11:42 pm
I use the Best Quality I can Afford.

Right Now that Choice Is the Numark DMC2

If and When It Dies I'll pull it out of my rack and replace it then.

Not Untill.

My Dac2 Is Still Very much Alive and It was made in 2002, The only reason it got replaced (in the rack system it still works at the home set-up) was not reliability or quality, It was the video features of the DMC2 and the Native Mapping.

发表时间 Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 2:02 am
Numark is offering us 4-year old proven technology as new (read page 9). However, Denon will soon offer us a new and improved version of its proven technology (read page 9). Nevertheless, there is a market for both controllers.

OO

Btw I’m in the Denon market.

发表时间 Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 10:04 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Double O,

You are mistaken about the age of the dmc-2 controller. Let me try to explain. The case is from the cdn-90 correct. The reason they did this is to bring something very quickly without having to re-tool and machine new parts and also to keep the cost of the unit down. The inside of the controller is all new after all the cd90 can not plug into usb. The dmc-2 uses hid (like keyboard and mouse) which means you don't need drivers to run it under windows.

The Denon controller is using midi only. This means you'll need drivers to run it. Also it can't be mapped the same way we map hid controllers. I'm sure the dev team will add support when this controller is ready to come to market.

2 controllers with very different approaches to design function and the way they "talk". Each one has its place. As I said before its only the start of newer things to come.

发表时间 Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 2:38 pm
Thanks for the explanation Cyder.

OO

发表时间 Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 1:18 am
denon wrote :
Quote :
Developing a new controller takes time. Look how long it took to get the Denon to market. They showed this controller at the 2006 convention in AC, and it still is not on the market yet.

Correction, the HC4500 was shown for the first time "this year" at DJ Expo and will be in stores at the end of Sept 2007.
That means only 30-days from announcement to stores.

[quote]All controllers are a bunch of buttons, and knobs. What's new about any of their designs?

"Quality"

We studied all the controllers out there and they all felt “cheap” and flismsy, (all made in China) nothing remotely professional.
The HC4500 will set new standards in MIDI controllers. It’s built like a tank (Made in Japan) and performs like flawlessly.
Even the developers of Reflex said, “this is the best DJ controller I have ever felt”.[/quote]

So what controller did I see under plexiglass, at the 2006 AC convention? Maybe I'm mistaken, but shouldn't be too hard to clarify.

发表时间 Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:06 am
denon wrote :

Who is “We” and what controllers did you study?

denon wrote :

What tests were conducted to reach your “performs like flawlessly” conclusion? This conclusion must also apply to the software (Reflex)....

denon wrote :
Even the developers of Reflex said, “this is the best DJ controller I have ever felt”.

What else are they going to say? They have a partnership with Denon:

http://message.pcdj.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16613

Nevertheless, Denon is definitely known throughout the DJing world for making high quality equipment.

OO

发表时间 Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 5:18 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
So what controller did I see under plexiglass, at the 2006 AC convention? Maybe I'm mistaken, but shouldn't be too hard to clarify.

Probably the HD-2500, the one that have Hard Disk inside.

发表时间 Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:13 pm
Thank you RicardoM, I stand corrected.

发表时间 Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:57 pm

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 4:27 pm
That´s the one that MAN AND HIS MUSIC saw.

I have read in Denon DJ forums that Denon engineers will try to do a firmware of the HD2500 to have midi support. If they do that, it will be another great controller for VDJ (but without sound card integrated). Cheers for Denon!

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 7:07 pm
RicardoM wrote :
I have read in Denon DJ forums that Denon engineers will try to do a firmware of the HD2500 to have midi support.... Cheers for Denon!

I’ll to that....

OO

发表时间 Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 6:50 pm
ProSound expects to have the HC4500 by 10/05/07:

http://www.pssl.com/

Hopefully one will be on display so I can try it out.

OO

发表时间 Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 5:13 pm
It’s out:

No, it doesn’t belong to me.

OO

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 5:17 pm
What dose it do that the Dac 3 dose not?

who's controller was that?

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 7:36 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :

• Text displays.

• Touch-sensitive jogwheels.

• Built-in sound card.

• Better build quality.

Charlie Wilson wrote :

Not mine, but when I can get my hands on one, I'll do a custom mapper for it.

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 8:19 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :

It belongs to this person:

http://message.pcdj.com/showthread.php?s=a0a7a03724254998b22072ef316b189f&threadid=16994&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

As for your question regarding the DAC-3, consider this:

PCDJ chose to bundle a trial version of its upcoming software—Reflex—with the Denon HC4500 instead of its own
DAC-3 controller. Remember, PCDJ doesn’t get a dime from the sell of the HC4500. PCDJ gets paid when someone upgrades the trial version of Reflex to the full version. Consequently, this should tell you which controller PCDJ thinks is better.

OO

发表时间 Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 10:50 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Cool pic.

发表时间 Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 12:02 am
Cool controller.

OO

发表时间 Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 7:32 pm
51%