快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Controls Freeze

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I seem to be having a problem...

Here's the rundown.

I open VDJ.
- The controls respond fine at this point (moving of the crossfader on the console produces the desired result in the software)

I dump a track on one of the decks
- At this point VDJ seems to lose the console. _BUT_ the console will still play music (media player, even VDJ's music, it just wont respond to console movements) Which makes me think its a software problem.

Close VDJ

Open VDJ
- The console is still 'frozen'

Close VDJ

Unplug Console

Install 1.9 patch

Plug Console back in

Open VDJ
- Controls work fine, and we are back at the start... as soon as i dump a track in, the console freezes.

This is happening on a machine with a fresh XP install (may be a SP2 problem). This problem also seems to be random, ie; it doesnt happen every time i use VDJ, might happen as soon as i fire VDJ up, or may happen after i've been using VDJ for a period of time. If anyone has any ideas I would really like to get this problem sorted out.

- shaun

发表时间 Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 4:15 am
It might be a USB problem....

I had a problem like that with a bad usb cable, try a new one and see if it helps...
(a bad/broken cable will cause VDJ to "loose" the console, because its turning the console off/on when loosing "power" for a short moment)

Also, check if the USB ports have any IRQ conflicts, and if they conflict with graphic card, lan card ... at least those 2 are known to cause problems for usb soundcards. Best setting is if you can make your usb ports have a dedicated irq of its own, without sharing.. Can be tricky, but sharing can be ok, as long as its not with certain cards, like graphic card, lan etc.

would also advice you to go to Hercules.com and get the latest firmware AND driver... as they are known to fix many bugs with the console.

I used to use the consoleversion, and did not have such a problem, so I would say its a hardware problem you are having...

hope this helps :)

发表时间 Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 1:06 pm
Thank you heaps for such a detailed response. I'll try updating the firmware (which i neglected to do after the XP install.. whoops) but i'm not too sure how to go about the IRQ thing. Could you explain how to do that?

If it helps i use the on-board USB and LAN, my graphics card is a GF4 MX440

发表时间 Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 1:47 am
This might also be a problem with your USB voltage.
When this becomes to low or too high the device gets stuck. I always recommend a self powered USB-hub (2.0 preferred) which supplies enough power.

发表时间 Sat 09 Oct 04 @ 10:48 am
Yeah, that was one of my options. I've reverted back to SP1 and the problem has ceased. I also installed other Console software while in SP2 and got the same 'hanging' effect. Must just be a problem with the console and SP2.
Thanks for your help anyways,
SHAUN

发表时间 Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 3:35 am
KK-DJHome userMember since 2005
Help Brand new Hercules Mk2 was working fine tried to do firmware up date now when ever i plug it in its stuck with both cue and both play buttons litup but i get no responce please help

发表时间 Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 4:27 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)