快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Help me to scratch!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don\'t have a turntable yet, but I\'m getting one soon. I only have the VDJ Prop and the Behringer BCD2000 controller. It has some scratch pads on it. Ok, so do you scratch on a special record or (mp3) with a bunch of sound effects, drums, etc. on it or do you find a song with those things in it? Like this dude: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AkZq82HX9g How does he get those sounds? Are there \"effects\" or scratch records and mp3\'s that you buy? Is that what time coded records are all about? I mean, I know you actually make the scratching sound your self with the record and the cross fader etc., but I don\'t know if it is using a song or if it is a special vinyl or what? Don\'t make fun of me!! :)

Chris

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 4:34 am
most of the battle records are samples thrown together on 1 disc, all samples are stuff you would find in songs, tv shows or just everyday samples.

Just go to your local shop and look for battle records. if you really want to take advantage and learn how to juggle pick up 2. You can then rip one to your HDD using the VDJ recorder and then use it with the VDJ TCV.

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 4:48 am
Are battle records CD's? Thanks for the help!

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 4:53 am
no they are vinyl since the DJs using them use turntables...hence the name "turntablism"

Best suggestion is to try and buy the battle records as mp3s although might be tough to find.

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:31 pm
I get turntableism, but I think it\'s still turntablism if you\'re using a turntable to scratch mp3\'s on VDJ. Here\'s a link I found for some great loop downloads. they are cheap, and I found a pretty good turntable/ scratch package. They\'re only like $6.50 per package. http://www.peaceloveproductions.com/. So I\'m figuring out that many DJ\'s use a vinyl or scratching mp3 clips/ loops to scratch on over top of their track/ song of choice.

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 7:54 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here's an excerpt from my blog. I have only found one on CD so far but it's a good one.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/records/sth2046.html

This is where I purchased it.

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/5354211/a/Super+Duck+Breaks...+The+Saga.htm

Here's the text from a remix magazine article that has some other solid ones.

The selection of battle-break albums on the market is constantly growing. The following are among my personal recommendations, with some of their most attractive features highlighted to help you determine which ones suit you.

Super Duck Breaks
(Stones Throw Records)

Probably my all-time favorite battle-break album, Super Duck Breaks includes two awesome scratch sentences containing many familiar samples laid out in a way that allows you to create some brilliant scratch routines. Additionally, it features eight medium-tempo hip-hop beats suitable for scratching over (including an instrumental version of Sway and Tech's classic “In Control”). This one is so good you'll want to own two copies!

Hamster Breaks 3 1/2
(TRC Distribution)
Hamster Breaks 3 1/2 is a 2-LP set. One side is stuffed full of classic scratch samples, including a nicely put-together series of samples from LL Cool J's “Rock the Bells,” a turntablist favorite. Two sides of this record set provide first-rate scratch beats, including an instrumental version of Original Concept's “Can U Feel It” beat and the “Live at the BBQ” instrumental by Main Source. The album's fourth side contains some great scratchable beat patterns laid out in a manner that encourages inventive beat-juggling techniques.

Toasted Marshmallow Feet Brayx
(DirtStyle Records)

Probably the most popular of the DirtStyle Records series of breakbeat albums, Toasted Marshmallow Feet Brayx features some good low- to midtempo beats for scratching. Each side ends in a locked groove tone that makes it easy to practice tone-scratching techniques. Most important, the record provides some classic and brilliant scratch sentences, including the famous “Aaaah, that stuff is really fresh” and Flavour Flav's “Yeaaaah boyeeee.” It also offers one good scratch sentence, consisting mainly of beats, that lends itself to beat juggling.

Bionic Booger Breaks
(DirtStyle Records)

Another classic from DirtStyle, Bionic Booger Breaks features one side of beats (including the Public Enemy “Miuzi Weighs a Ton” beat and the “Pump, pump, pump, pump me up” beat) and one side of scratchable samples, beat combos, and kung fu — movie samples. Some of the famous Invisibl Skratch Piklz/Rock Steady DJ routines used many samples included on this record.

Hee Haw Brayks
(DirtStyle Records)

Hee Haw Brayks is a bit different. One side features some obscure but very scratchable beats, both fast and slow. The other side is an excellently constructed masterpiece of several classic, desirable samples laid out in multiple ways. If you are looking for the classic “Aaaah” or “Fresh” sample, you will find it here in many different places following other familiar (and highly sought after) scratch samples. This record includes the start of LL Cool J's “Rock the Bells,” as well as a locked groove at the end of each side — one a continuous beat, the other a continuous tone.

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:02 pm
djnieroHome userMember since 2007
man oh man so you want to know how to be a turntablest ummmmmmmm....... you got to start practicing on vynil fuck cd's you get better control your samples on vynil. Look guy you need to get the right tools........

1. Battle mixer i own the vestax 007
2. a set of 1200 mkII or a good pair of direct drive turn tables. look to scratch you got to have light hand lots of spair time patience and skills

learn your cross fader techniques

clover pop's, crab scratch, baby step forward and revers the march, all in reverse look watch some DMC competitions and then you will get what you need to do.....

发表时间 Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 2:19 pm
gijzerHome userMember since 2007
You don't have to be a owner of a turntable to be a good dj. I use a hercules mk2 and I can scratch :P. You just have to find the right sample. You can try to rip it from a song you like. When you hear a good dj scratching he will play the whole sample at least 1 time in his song. A sample doesn't have to be that long. One or two beats will do.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 1:55 pm
djnieroHome userMember since 2007
man yes to be a well rounded dj start on turntables and they dont let mk2 controllers in the dmc competition fool so u do the math

发表时间 Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 9:03 pm
im good at mixin but jst cant scratch into the mix need help with that one someone help me.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 12:12 am
Okay.....so...to anyone who says you MUST start DJing with turntables, you are wrong. I started with Virtual DJ, then Traktor, then Serato (obviously with turntables). Granted, many DJs did start with actual turntables, but you must also remember, those same DJs grew up in a COMPLETELY different era. An era of analog, an era of vinyl, and an era of early computers....

Now, would-be DJs have a plethora of options for deejaying, from turntables to CDJs, from MIDI controllers (Ableton...etc...) to Serato, the options are almost limit-less. I remember when DJs first began using Serato on a regular basis...."strictly turntablists" hated it. Now, most of those so-called "strictly turntablists" are using Serato. The same is also true for full computer-generated mixing solutions.

As for the scratching technique, it IS possible to use scratching as an added bonus, when using computer software such as Virtual DJ. But, with the experience of learning through the progression of technology, I must say that it was a bit "easier" to learn scratching on actual turntables, rather than a MIDI controller or with mouse and keyboard. But, if you have the time and the patience, you can DEFINITELY learn to scratch with your keyboard and mouse.

That said, if you are going to learn scratching with Virtual DJ with only your mouse and keyboard, I would certainly suggest having a VERY precise laser mouse (somewhere around 1000 dpi). The reason for this (which you will quickly learn), is that when holding a mouse key down and moving the mouse up/down/around, in order to move the track backwards and forwards....ahh, breathe.....the sensitivity is well, quite sensitive. No matter what Jogwheel Sensitivity setting you choose in the Options tab of the Settings menu. **Personally, I have mine set to 129.9%, as I have a 1200 dpi mouse on a professional mouse pad.** I can move backwards or forwards with approximately 1/2" mouse movement, up or down. Do some experimenting with your current setup and if you find that your mouse is somewhat inaccurate, you may want to upgrade to something a little more high tech.

Anyways, before thise post becomes a thread of it's own, I'll leave it where it is. If you would like a few more pointers that a little more detail-oriented, let me know!

Hope this info helps!

--DJ EXQ--

发表时间 Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 10:56 pm
djkre1Home userMember since 2008
Scratching With The Hercules Dj Console Mk2 Is Garbage, The Jog Wheels Are Not Touch Sensitive. They Are Only Good For Pulling Beats Closer Together. It Is Possible To Scratch With A Mouse But Be Prepared To Suffer Carpal Tunnel Syndrome If You Choose To Do So.

发表时间 Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 12:04 am
look brother i have a tunrtable but soo lazy to open it and use so i use pc scratching while you are scratching look at the wave forum in the virtual dj and try to scratch the snare and kicks and scratch with ur mind tecnique thats all wait i show you my own mix with pc not tunrtable

发表时间 Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 11:07 pm
hip hop records would often have an accapella version on them, which can often be scratched. sometimes, however, being that it was simply the vocals and not a special 'scratch"record, it can be a little bass-y. just eq it and it wil be fine.

this is prolly the best way to get samples that people will recognize and get you cred for diggin, but not be the same ish everybody else is scratching

发表时间 Wed 10 Nov 10 @ 3:49 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)