快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: did anyone get the new tcv yet?!?!?!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i would like to know if anyone got a pair of the new timecode vinyls yet. If so how are they and are the alot better than the old ones. thanks

www.djcaraby.com

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 10:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do a search for tcv gen 3 on the forum to see the changes

as to feedback will take a couple of days as they are now taking preorders/shipping the first batches

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 11:11 pm
I've got the new ones... they're nice, they feel solid, and they track well, but the main change to TCV came in the software itself.... I still use gen 1 timecodes with 100% success every night. all versions of timecodes work well if your software and hardware are configured properly, and you use good needles. you can't expect the new control vinyls to fix a crappy computer, crappy needles, or crappy sound card.

not saying that's what you have, but if you truly want to use it to gig, and have 100% success, timecode requires a commitment to execute. Clean computer that never sees the internet. (If you surf the web on your gig machine, any problems you have are your fault.) Lots of RAM, quality soundcard ( creative labs does not make a quality sound card, and a gigaport doesn't count either) and good needles. (the ortofon concorde digi track style are the cat's ass)

if you're expecting timecode to run perfectly on your home computer, you're probably gonna' be disappointed. anyone's timecode based software requires the same thing... they all require dedicated machines. TCV has worked perfectly since the 4.2 came out. period. any problems people have been having are problems they created. those who are not having problems on non-dedicated machines, or their internet terminals, are just lucky.

so to answer your questions, the timecode work great, they're pretty, they track well, they're nice and loud, and they're cut deep....

but, if you're not having success with your current setup, these probably aren't gonna' make a difference.

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 12:14 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
there are currently about 100 of them floating about, I know of at least 10 pairs that have landed in customers hands so far. We are currently working on making them world wide as well. So soon our UK brothers will have them too.

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 6:13 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yay cant wait :)

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 10:27 am
thanks for the info. i use traktor with fs time code and the scratch amp v2 and i can do any scratch or trick i want!!! when i use vdj with the fs scratch amp and the gen 2 vdj tcv, i get all kinds of interference and if i do any kind of heavy scratching, i lose my place or the scratching just isn't tight. i was hoping the new tcv would improve that but from what you guys say, it wont.

发表时间 Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 2:41 am
I got a pair and I have to say that these are the best TCV's I have ever used. I have used the Serato Scratch Live TCV's and these are better!!

Trust me everyone... you will not be disappointed with the TCV's if you get them.
But like mentioned before ... it doesn't make a system that isn't up to the right specs and making performance bad ... get better if you buy these. I personally have a decent system and had no real bad luck with the gen 1 TCV's at all. It was the gen 2 TCV's that was a little buggy with getting it to configure and keeping it tracking correctly. These gen 3 TCV's are hands down the best in the business. And with an even brighter future with updates and improvements to already great digital DJ software solution... the possibilities are going to unlimited!!!

Kudos to the development team for making great product for us professional DJ's who rely on solid solutions as this!!

发表时间 Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 9:33 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

发表时间 Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 3:48 pm
Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Make sure before you buy the new GEN3 to have the needles in very good shape...NO JOKE !!!
I have two pairs of needles witch i use randomly every weekend with my old TCV's and they work perfect at 100% signal everytime. I tried to use them on the new GEN3 and i get only a big 0%.
Then i went and get one cheap replacement needle and i get... guess what....100% signal.
I don't know what type of sensitive signal is being recorded on the new vinyl but this is what i found out today, after pulling my hair trying all the settings possible.

So....when you starting to have a bad time code signal on the new GEN3 vinyl you MUST replace your needle.

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 12:45 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Funky-t that is strange, what needles were you using? and what was the cheapo you bought?

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 2:12 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)