快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Wasted an entire afternoon - Going Nucking Futs

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

okay - i decided that now that I've built this wonderfull dual core machine; to figure out how the tv-out works with my regular old tv at home and my dj rig.

Seemed simple enough because everything was hooked up , drivers installed and so-on and so-forth.
untill I turned on the compy.

no T.V. out signal.

After much fiddeling and fucking around I find out that the Motherboard does indeed support dual displays BUT with a hitch. IF the monitor is plugged into the analouge VGA conector the T.V. out is disabled. This is because the VGA connector is a hi-def RGB connector.

The answer seemed so easy - buy a DVI-D to VGA adaptor and plug the monitor in the dvi connector and I would be able to use my tv out.

Yeah RIIIIIIght

No signal to my vga monitor.

so all drivers and extra settings i made were uninstalled and the machine was system restored to before I started, all the old drivers were re-installed.

Anybody have a solution?
I have a freind with a dvi monitor coming over tomorrow, see if that makes a difference.

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 1:42 am
Maybe it would be interesting to know what brand and model video you are using??!

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 1:20 pm
nvidia 6120 265mb vid ram integrated on moboard (asus)

I'm told that it's the same as an 6200 pcie card

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 8:30 pm
OKay update for those who are interested.

A freind who had a dual input monitor came over and we tryed using dual monitor support with a DVI-D Monitor and VGA monitor.

Worked like a charm.

Within a hour we had the video working, running the 3d effects and actually loking alright.

So I went to Future Shop (Canadian Subsiduary of Best Buy) and Purchased a Dual-input monitor.

Here's the hitch

While Technically it was a DVI monitor - It was NOT DVI-D Therefore when I hooked it up to the MOBO, There was no signal reconized.

Back to the Store , and a $55.00 monitor upgrade later Everything is doing it's job fine.

So for at home I now have a use for my Boat anchor of a 17"CRT monitor, It's now a home practice extention monitor.

Lesson - PAY ATTENTION to what you are purchasing - with new formats it's easy to screw up.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

发表时间 Sun 04 Mar 07 @ 1:53 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)