快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: BCD2000 and VDJ - worth buying it?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi there!

As you can see I do not own VDJ yet. But I really want to because it's a grat piece of software. At the moment I'm using the VDJ 4.2 demo and it works mostly brilliant but there are still some functions of the BCD which aren't supported by VDJ.

So I have just a single question and I would be very happy if someone could give me reliable information whether VDJ will support the mic of the BCD or not.

Btw: Reading a lot in this forum, I know about the ASIO prob, I know about Behringers behaviour (standardised answers to any question) and I know that the mic support has been announced by the dev team.

So I will immediately buy VDJ if someone can tell me honestly whether the mic function is being / will be implemented. That's the point... Otherwise VDJ isn't worth buing it for me because I really need the mic function.

发表时间 Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 12:12 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it will be inplemented in the future yes based on what the team have said

发表时间 Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 1:06 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you really need Mic -> dont buy VDJ!
Mic support has been announced since V4.0. -> nothing happend !

发表时间 Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 3:32 pm
I asked over two years ago . First with my motu 828 and now with my BCD2000. It's not going to happen. They have a mental block that prevents them from doing what the user want's. They just do what they think you want without asking. So give up and move on it's better that way. If you don't buy it they will get the message sooner or later.

发表时间 Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 4:38 pm
buy a different controler the bcd2000 has been canceled by beringer for the bcd3000

发表时间 Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 5:29 pm
Wow another great answer from a moderator to a simple question. If i am right the question was:

BCD -> MIC -> WORKS ?

Sorry sky but every time someone asks for this you came up with answers like this:
We are working on it / next update / Behringers fault / No Asio MIC / blablabla .......

If someone asks for the support of an Asio-Mic, the only possible answer is
DONT BUY VDJ!!

There was no Asio-Mic support, there is no Asio-Mic support and (according to all the things we can read here in the forum) there will be no Asio-Mic support.

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 11:09 am
i shall just wave my magic wand for you and make it work right now shall i ? then..

software development is a lengthy process and its important that all features are properly tested and researched , they will incorporate it in the future but it will take a bit of time.

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 12:21 pm
What is becoming obvious, at least IMO, is that the VDJ devteam do the stuff they need for the features they envision and look no further.

Point in case1: MIDI, implemented up to the level required at the time, not just full MIDI spec (which would not have taken much more effort at the time,but probably a lot more once devices arrived which required it, like supporting Note on/off AND control changes instead of just Note on/off)

Point in case2: ASIO, implemented for audio out only. Adding ASIO in just might require a complete rewrite/rethink now while it would have been much easier to add along with the initial work at that time..

Again this is just how I see it, I might be completely off..

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 1:27 pm
They have ASIO input for your turn table . But not for your Mic so they can add it they just won't.

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 2:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Digitalmdj, sorry to say,

you should be awarded with the Oscar for the NON-prototype script, last night.

Tired of reading pages of the non supported ASIO Mic. Pleaaaaseeee !!!

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 6:52 pm
Here is the short answer.

VDJ - Yes worth every penny.

BCD2000 - Don't buy this piece of shit ( I returned mine)

Get a DAC2/3 if you want a pro remote control,
Or
Wait for the Numark gear.

This would be probably the best answer because the Numark Gear is DESIGNED specifcally for VDJ/Numark Cue.

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 8:14 pm
QUOTE:
"Get a DAC2/3 if you want a pro remote control,
Or
Wait for the Numark gear.

This would be probably the best answer because the Numark Gear is DESIGNED specifcally for VDJ/Numark Cue."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know for sure if the Numark Total Control will be supported in VDJ?

It seems brainless to do so considering Numark's CUE is basically VDJ, but one never knows in a world where common sense is frequently not considered by reality...

-Alex

I've considered the DAC-3 but now that the Total Control/VCI-100 are options it's a tougher decision as the two interfaces/layouts are quite different. The bottom line is that you can't control your crossfades from the DAC-3, you have to do it from your hardware mixtable, which is not a problems for me since I use a Numark CM200-USB, but having a MIDI crossfader would make the DAC-3 more marketable than it already is.

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 8:52 pm

TotalControl is already supported in VDJ ;)

And VDJ also has an open midi mapping standard, so almost any midi device can be used, including the Vestax VCI-100

:)

发表时间 Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 10:01 pm
AlexHall74 wrote :
The bottom line is that you can't control your crossfades from the DAC-3

You can perform automatic video crossfades using my custom DAC-3 mapper.

发表时间 Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 7:16 pm
Wow sky, its getting better and better.
May i remind you that no one asked you to do anything here.

You got one simple question: VDJ & ASIO-MIC : Will it work or not
Your very helpful answer: Dont Buy BCD2000

And now you are talking about any magic things you are supposed to do .......

We have an nice word for this in german. we call this NONSENS

发表时间 Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 11:52 pm
I cannot believe how you guys can turn around and avoid the original question being asked. If the guys who work for me answered questions the way you do. They would have been fired before the end of their first day.

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 1:27 am

Its been aswered for about half a year already... ;)

BCD2000 + ASIO MIC DOES NOT WORK IN VDJ!

Why isnt it added?
- Because Dev Team has a priority list and rewriting lots of code for asio mic on this controller is not nr1 on the list... sorry

VDJ first needed to make a new timecode engine, fixed for the FX core, and now MAC version.
This where all more important tasks, that are part of the core development.

I'm not saying that asio mic is not going to be added, it might.
But it has not yet.

Hope that clarify

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 10:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)