快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Getting random/infrequent audio dropout. Please Help!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi all... I'm a newbie with VDJ, but am very excited about the possibility this adds to my club night!

But... after a couple days of playing around, I think I've finally got the system tweaked and running great UNTIL I get a random audio drop of 3-4 seconds. The problem appears when using both video mixing and audio only mixing. It is more frequent with video though, which makes me think that it is a CPU issue. I'm running a new HP Pavilion DV2210us, Stanton ScratchAmp (from FS2) and Denon DN-S5000s.

SPECS
Processor
AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-52; 1.6GHz
Operating system
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
Memory
1024MB DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce GO 6150 (UMA) with up to 288MB (shared video memory)
Hard drive
120GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
Primary CD/DVD drive
LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display
14.1" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1280x800)

In Vista, I'm dropping all the goodies and cutting startup progs to optimize performance. And I'm complimenting the 1GB physical RAM with a 1GB swap file AND a 1GB USB using the ReadyBoost feature. My CPU usage stays very low and mostly this runs great... except for the random dropouts. Anybody have any ideas?

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 7:05 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome to Virtual DJ!

May well be something to do with your graphics card. Shared memory puts alot of stress on the CPU when loading video files...which is probably why you notice it so much with videos as opposed to just audio mixing.

Also, hard drive speed is perhaps a bit low. 7200rpm would probably be better...although I know these are difficult to get a hold of (if at all possible). If you can get a faster hard drive it might improve things, but in all honesty, I'm pretty sure this is a shared memory video card issue.

I don't use a laptop so maybe some other users can give some other ideas?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)
P

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 9:04 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)