快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Hercules DJ Console and Windows 2003

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

arvyControlleristMember since 2003
Anyone here installed Hercules DJ Console in Windows 2003?

The installer (installshield) doesnt let install. I grab the "drivers" folder from another machine (Windows 2000) and manually installed it. Everything installed ok, the driver appears that it is running fine, but VDJ DJ Console edition doesnt recognize it. Since Windows 2003 is very similar to the Windows XP core, I dont see a reason why VDJ doesnt recognize the console.

Any expert has any tip to "force" VDJ recognize the DJ Console in a Windows 2003? I dont use Windows XP because I worked to a Microsoft related company so I got a licensed version of Windows 2003.

Thank you,
Roger

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 3:29 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im not sure why you are using server 2003 as ur os but fair enough , it has a lot of pointless processes which will slow down your mixing btw

i would write to hercules support http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php and find out what drivers they support for server 2003

you could aslo try running vdj in compatability mode with xp

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 12:02 pm
arvyControlleristMember since 2003
Thanks skyfxl,

I use Windwos 2003 because I worked to a Microsoft related company as a system developer, so they gave me a license copy to work in the projects in my home office. VirtualDJ DJConsole edition runs fine on it, no delay or crashes, no problems at all.

I contacted Hercules, and I got the drivers without the auto-installer. I manually installed it, the Hercules Console MIDI driver appears in the Hardware spec, no conflits.

Now, I have another problem: when I move the stick and press the buttons (using the DJ Mouse option), my mouse moves and clicks ok. So, the driver is ok and Windows recognize the hardware. But Virtual DJ Console edition still doesn't work. In my mind, since the hardware responds some controls, it's ok to use, right?

In VDJ, the "Hercules" option is active but shows a red light in the pane ("cant detect").

Any ideas why Virtual DJ still not work with the console?

Thanks a lot for your help.

发表时间 Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 9:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
check that the console midi driver file installed correctly :)
sounds like the mouse and sound was installed ok but that wasnt

发表时间 Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 9:44 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)