快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Some BPMs not being saved?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Lets say I set up a folder in VDJ. I drag 46 song into it. I listen to all of them, set cue points and check BPMs, some manual BPMs.

I exit out of VDJ. When I come back, 6 of the same songs do not have any BPM info or cue points saved?

Now I went into a folder in Windows exploer to bring up say 250 hip hop songs.. I set all cue points and BPMs.... Again, most of them saved, many did not...

Am I doing something wrong?? Should I not scan my hard drive after I add or delete new music. When I exit VDJ it says saving database...

This is getting frustrating....

Any and all comments appreciated... Thanks.. CM

发表时间 Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 4:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try making a keyboard shorcut to save the database files before closing

go to options and go to the tab "shorcuts"

发表时间 Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 5:20 pm
The same thing happens to me before I close. I do
hit the folder again so it does recurse once and supposed to
save it at that point. I then leave the folder, come back to the folder,
and am missing 5 or 6 (never really counted), it's sorta random. I analyze them again
and recurse again, and I'm all set, It's almost as if the program
only takes a maximum amount of song files at a time.
Can anyone please help explain this. Maybe we're missing another unknown
procedure?

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 5:20 pm
fersion 4.2 troopers will be glad to hear that this also happens in version 3.4. :)

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 5:21 pm
As Sky said, make a Save_Database shortcut (it could be alt+S or Ctrl+S by default) and do this as soon as you are done doin what you are doin, and also it is better to analyze before playing in a live situation. After you know your database is good and all is well make sure you back up that database file incase of a corrupt situation. Don't make the mistake I made when I first got VDJ and didn't back that puppy up after 3 days of analyzing.

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 7:12 pm
this is useful info, but does anyone know why this happens

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 8:50 pm
and am missing 5 or 6 (never really counted), it's sorta random. I analyze them again
procedure?

The Question is: Why Does This happen?? Some are saved immediately and some are not.
The only way to know is to go to another folderand come back to that folder just worked on. That's how I always find out which ones I have to resave??

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 9:11 pm
Bryant wrote:
procedure?

The Question is: Why Does This happen?? Some are saved immediately and some are not.
The only way to know is to go to another folderand come back to that folder just worked on. That's how I always find out which ones I have to resave??

Are you saving the database with a shortcut???

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 11:54 pm
No, it was not explained clearky enoufgh how.
Quote "It could be alt-s or ctrl -s by default".
Well, which is it, and if it is by default we need to NOT set anything, right?

We need to be clearer, someone elaborate please.

发表时间 Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 4:26 pm
Quote "this is useful info, but does anyone know why this happens"

I guess noone does, just another setback fro ver. 4.2

发表时间 Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 2:06 am
KayleHome userMember since 2003
Dear Bryant B , i do not mean you any personal offence , and i dont like moaning especialy you have been wonderfuly helpful on this forum dont get me wrong , but i must tell you my feelings about this issue

it is rediculus to keep blaming 4.2 for every thing that ever happened to any one any where.

i am sorry you have had problems , i hope they are solved for you soon!

But it is not helpful to any one to keep telling them to downgrade

especialy when its related to non software problems like a hardware failure

it majorly confuses new posters who need direct technical help

by telling them to downgrade as the first thing on every last thread you can you are actualy making it harder fo them , if you can directly help them please do but telling people to simply down grade leaves them in a bad possition.

ie , if they have a hardware problem changing to 3.4 wont solve any thing

why it happens:

it can happen from not giving it a chance to close

the ram getting full

cpu becomeing over taxed

when scanning bpm its best to leave the pc on its own and dont use other aplications

what happens:

the tags are not closed or the songs are not saved into the xml.

how to avoid it :
save your database regulary
Alow the software to close down fully.

So please try using the Save Db shortcut and prehaps do smaller steps of analizing

Have a nice weekend Every one

sorry again for the moan

发表时间 Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 2:22 pm
I see. No problem on the "moan".
I am officially done and have been done for a week now on the downgrade issue.
In fact, I did not mention it on the last post here in this thread, was just concerned by an unexplained event occuring in 4.2.

I have tried all the things you suggested, including the shortcut, and there is always a few songs
not saved for some reasons, happens on two computers, both high end with plenty of ram and cpu and HD space.

Still confused why it even happens at all.

发表时间 Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 9:15 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yo dude , what format are the files that arnt being saved? do you have a sample you could upload so i can check the files? for you

发表时间 Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 3:28 pm
Bryant just make a shortcut for Save_Database. Me sayin I don't know which one it is is because I don't use the default shortcuts and haven't for some time, so I didn't know for sure which one it was. Don't jump down my throat for tryin to help. Just make a new shortcut or look to see which one it is. Who knows why it happens, but it does and the way to make sure it doesn't is to make the shortcut and use it everytime you make a change, THEN make a backup of your databases in case of corrupt problems down the line if you get any.

发表时间 Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 12:28 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)