快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: CORRUPT DATABASE (what a week!)- help please

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wow- I am dealing with another one.

I just saw CORRUPT DATABASE. Now I did get this months ago and used the repair tool. I believe I installed it so it backs up each time.

My question is... What do I do now? I see the corrupt database message- do i use the tool again or go to some file that is backed up?

In my VDJ folder, I see a .bkp file from October- Does this mean this is the latest backup file I have? I thought it wrote to this everytime I close out?

sorry I am so lost.

thanks,

B

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 7:55 am

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2560

Try that tool ;)

A corrupt database happens when the saving of the database is interrupted.
This is usually due to the user turning off windows too quick, like press "off button" on PC.

The error is usually quite small (missig tags < > at the end)

To the above tool might fix it

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 9:58 am
Nor

I used the tool a while ago and thought I set it to backup each time I exit? How do I kow if I set this and then what would I do?

Are you saying when this happens you have to run the tool each time?

I have a .bkp file from October, should I use this?

I also backed up my entie VDJ folder in November- would I be better off copying this or using the tool?

thanks.

B

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 12:53 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'd recommend backing up your .xml database at least once a week and certainly after every time you analyse new material.

Back it up to a different directory altogether and then if this happens you can just copy and paste it back into the VDJ folder.

(",)

P

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 1:26 pm
sure back it up every week. It is done in a couple of seconds and your live will be better :)

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 2:01 pm
thanks for responding

so you guys are saying that when I used the tool a few months ago, there wasn't something there that I chose that backs it up each time I close? I thought there was.

I did back up the entire VDJ folder In October. Should I just copy the .xml database file?

Also, would I be better off using the backupfile from from October or using the fix-it tool again today? I've done many things in VDJ since October.

Thank you,

B

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 2:20 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
-- If you are referring to the runVDJ tool that I built then - try running it and see if it can be fixed.

-- Also, depending on how you set it up the first time - it may or may not be backing things up each time you use VDJ. In the readme it explains how to setup the tool for using each time you start VDJ and it will keep things backed up so that way if you need to recover it will have the latest 'good' version.

-- I will tell you that since I wrote that tool it has saved me at least three time and I have heard great replies from others that use it on every VDJ session.

Let me know if you need help.

cstoll

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 11:35 pm
this seems to be my luck day

Last nite i actually started virtual dj. Closed and for some reason....corrupt database came up when i started up the program

no clue as to what had caused it but al of course i had a backup... but must have been a couple of weeks old.. and of course i had quite a few changes since then

Just my luck checking the forum... not for this problem... and just happened to see this thread

So... i just tried it....... works.............

Thanks a lot mon.........

Wanting to know something about the analyzer

I i already have my cues and bpms manually set... will the anylyzer change all of these??????

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dreadlox wrote :
Wanting to know something about the analyzer
I i already have my cues and bpms manually set... will the anylyzer change all of these??????

Are you referring to the analyzing of the database to see if it is corrupt?

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)