快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: worried about Vista

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello all,

Well, the title says it all, I am considering on updating my laptop (HP TC4200 upgraded to 1gb RAM) to windows vista...

have any of you tried vista and more important, vista + vdj?

I heard two things that worried me:

* problems with the sound
* 600+ mb on memory in idle.

can any of you answer?

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 1:27 pm
What benefits will Vista bring you with VDJ?

I bought a new dell laptop with a free upgrade to Vista last month. Currently I am running XP pro with 2 GB of Ram and after all the XP tweaks on this board, VDJ runs great.... I have been monitoring my RAM while using VDJ and its usually under 400 MB...

While I have the free upgrade.. There is NO way I am going to mess around with a system that is currently working well....

I will wait until Vista has all the kinks worked out, and then I will determine if there is any benefit to upgrading to Vista since my Dell Laptop is only used for VDJ....

Please let us know how you make out.

Good Luck. CM

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:36 pm
aquilaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

1st sorry for my english (not my natural language),

Well there is now 10 days i am testing Windows Vista Home Premium with Virtual DJ 4.2r1.
I am positively surprised, It's working very stable - no one crash or freez, and i have the sensation that VDJ respond better (more precise with TCCD and less latency !)
Now about drivers it's little complicated because there is no lot of them, but you can use the drivers of Windows XP. And it's much better if you can upgrade your memory to 2GB. The minimum i advise it's 1Gb.

Be careful when you install Windows XP drivers on Windows Vista, i advise you to desengage the security of "User control" - Control panel -> Users -> Deactivate control user (hope it's same in english)

Best regards

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
aquila wrote :
no one crash or freez

I guess it's due to the new IO management in Vista

aquila wrote :
(more precise with TCCD and less latency !)

It's due to the new sound engine in Vista ;-)

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 10:46 pm
So the best advice is to wait a little while before attempting to upgrade, or make a new partition with a fresh Vista install so you can still use XP?? Is what I am saying correct??

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 11:56 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mainly I would update vista on the laptop for a simple reason, I don't want to update my desktop pc (the one I use for my job) until I check it runs ok.

I have few programs installed on the laptop and therefore, it is easier to go back to XP if it fails.

I don't want to mess with all the databases, software and files.

Also if it is a step forward in VDJ performance.... I'll update with my eyes closed.

The only way to check if the water is hot, is to get wet, so probably I'll update on the weekend and see how vista likes my hardware.

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 12:20 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My exparence with Vista:
I installed it as an upgrade, several programs did not run well in this setting.
I reinstalled it as a "clean" where it wipes the HD clean and gives a fresh like new O/S.

I reinstalled all my old programs made sure I had all the most update drivers and It's running AWSOME!

I have a Kick-ass Toshiba Qosmeo cost about $2000,
Most PC mags have called it the best multi-media computer on the market.
But it came with that Nvidea 7300 go video card.
This card dose not work with VDJ in XP.
In Vista it is working perfect!!!

I LOVE Vista!
It saved me.

But I belive in the old saying "If it's not broke, don't fix it"
If your running good in XP, I would say stay there.

If you have one of those Nvidea go 7200, 7300 or 7400 video cards
Upgrade to Vista and if your computer can 64bit make sure you order that version online

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 9:21 am
Heya, I've got the 7300, is that the reason why my videos freeze every 30 seconds or so?

How bad was your 7300 with VDJ as far as audio and video.

really curious here?

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 7:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im getting a free copy of ultimate to review =)

the wow starts now =)

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 12:40 am
please be clear: as in "ultimate" what?

ultimate 7300???
sheesh

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:17 am
I think he means "Vista Ultimate" kind-of the same as calling it Vista Pro.
The other version of vista when bought in a store only as of now come as the 32bit version.
If you want the 64bit version you have to buy online from microsoft. They sell the upgrade from 32 to 64 for $9.99 plus s/h
Vista Ultimate always comes 64bit ready.

Back to the N-videa 7300 card Question,
These N-videa Go card do not run video in VDJ good at all.
VDJ Uses Hardware acceleration to activate all your visual effects & transitions
Including the sonique visualazation.

The N-videa 7300 card dose not work well with the Hardware acceleration in VDJ activated.
And runs slow and sluggish with it turned off.

Upgrading to Vista will fix these problems.

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:52 am
yes but get home priemum or better for best results

发表时间 Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 12:17 pm
Skyfxl,
How do I get more stars on my profile?

发表时间 Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 9:34 am
making , skins , tools / plugins , samples , helping out :) ect

takes time :)

发表时间 Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:19 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I will just echo the same point "if it aint broke, dont fix it" It is always best to wait and let everything get worked out. So if XP is good for you then no need to worry.

Stars can be purchased for $2000 a pair or $1200 each :)

发表时间 Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 2:19 pm
2000! wow price gone down !=)

发表时间 Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 2:29 pm
been using vista for 4 days now the video proformance increases are reduculus on xp my graphics card is slow , jumpy , generaly poor on vista its fast stable and crystal clear =)

发表时间 Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 2:31 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)