快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VGA/SVIDEO Cable Run

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

In order to View the video demonsration I'm organizing for the Club Manager I need to run one or the other type of video cable.

I need to run the cable aprox 200 feet.(60 meters)

The video camera is on the opposite side of the Club from the DJ Booth.

Will the lenght of the cable have an Effect on video/audio sync?

Audio in the club already has a repeater amp for the secondary zone feed.

Will I need a video signal gain/line boost?

For which signal?
VGA?
SVideo?

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:38 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wow man...:o)

I'm sure i remember hearing about a dip in signal with pretty much anything over 10 metres - so I'm sure you'll need to be looking at something sort of signal booster - if not more than one.

Good luck!

P

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:56 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
not sure with how well that will work with VGA or S-Video...

but i have worked a large setup with lonnnngggg cables (probably near yoru length) with BNC cable coming out of an edirol and that worked fine. each signal was even sent through a box and routed to six projectors with no problem.

i would research into BNC possibilities as i think they are more geared for long distances

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 1:20 am
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think that the question of line loss is largly affected by the quality of cable and connectors, cable shielding and the use of "Y" splitters. I have never herd of sync issues at the line level.

In a live outdoor festivals (Rolling Stones) "Delay Towers" are used to sync the audio. This is due to the speed that sounds travells through air and the fact that the "Line Level" signal travells faster. Delays are used to allow the sound waves to catch up and sync at outlying 'Delay Towers'. Video delay would also be logical at this level. (This is the secret behind time travell)

If you use unshielded cable you can get interference from many sources (Florescent Lights, Refrigerator motors, Taxi Radios, cell phones, lighting dimmers and relays...).

I always suggest a line distribution amp. Strong signals are happy signals. A strong balanced signal is also resistant to interference. I have never used a distribution amp on audio...

• economical composite & SVID amplifiers from "The Source". neXXtech 4 way distribution amplifier: P/N 1508272. +/- $60. Sold as a VCR recording amp.
  • economical VGA amplifiers are available from Tiger Direct and are sold as computer monitor video splitters.

NEVER EVER use Y-splitters for video. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! Signal loss always happens. Always use a Distribution Amp. You can use a splitter to connect 2 distribution amps or other non-load bearing devices.

I recommed Speakon or Neutric connectors and (min) 18 ga Belden Shielded Broadcast cable. Both should be available from your local electronics wholesaler or broadcast equipment supplier.

Of course there are more rugged (and more expensive) options for road work, but these work for me in DJ World...

DJTroy

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 4:13 am
I did some web searching there Troy and found the same type of answer.

I found some 100foot cables as well

There are some extensive explainations out there but, they all come out to the same thing, signal loss should be minimal up to 200 feet.

That's using Svideo type composite out.

VGA is right out of the equation for this application. Way too much line loss.

So Svid is the way to go. Good thing it's cheaper.

mIght get a signnal ampliphier just in case

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 5:53 am
I know that I just installed several LCD & plasma (under a line amp) at 125'. No Problems except a bad cable connector. I have the impression that VGA under an amp is good for 250', then annother amp (repeater) is suggested. Remember that VGA is simply component + horizontal and vertical sync. Component is pro standard and definitely runs the whole lenght of NHL arenas without problems.

TP

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 2:35 pm
If you need custom cables, I can build them for you or contact:
http://www.rapco.com
These guys have a Toronto assembly plant and have always treated me good. They also sell wire and connectors. Contact me directly if you need telephone and/or contact info.
In most cases it costs less to have these guys build the cable (and therefore warranty it) than to build it yourself.
TP

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 3:16 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)