快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: 6.5 hour gig with VDJ flawless. Thanks!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Just wanted to post a note of thanks to Skyfxl and Andrew87 and everyone else that offered suggestions and answered my questions.

I used VDJ, for 6.5 hours non stop on Friday night. The gig was only 5 hours, but I wanted to get there early and play around with settings and make sure everything sounded great.

After TWEAKING all the settings on my laptop as recommended by this board, (especially, optimizing for performance, processor scheduling and harware acceleration) VDJ 4.2 ran flawless for 6.5 hours....

I kept the task manager open just to monitor what was going on. I have 2 gigs of ram, unless I had two very long sound files cued up in each deck, the ram stayed around 300mb.... My Dual core processor would spike to 50 or 60% just for a second or two while I loaded a song, but remained under 10% most of the time.

I had no popping or cracking sounds and the wave file display was smooth.. I just had to bump up the highs and mids on my mp3 files... I have been ripping them with audio grabber, at VBR 2 or VBR 1. I don't think there is any way around EQing your mp3s since they are compressed? I was comparing the Promo only CD track with the MP3 track, and once I boosted the gain and EQ on my Rane or Mixer, I got identical sound or very close.

In the beginning I had my doubts with VDJ and sound cards. To me it seems like VDJ is a solid application, the areas that may cause it some trouble are the computer its running on and the sound card being used..... Two items that can be easily fixed.

Thanks!!!

Please let me know if anyone finds any other tweaks or settings....

CM

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 3:11 pm
Are you using only audio files or both audio & video files?If so what video files ?

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 12:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
glad to hear ;)

you should be able adjust the eq :)

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 10:42 am
Glad to hear it all went well :D

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:56 am
Just using music files, no video.

How often should I perform a defrag on my hard drive?

CM

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 3:54 pm
curious whatya got for a video card?

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 4:57 pm
me too..........
You should list the spects of your computer so we can see what works or what doesn't work.

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 10:07 pm
Here are the specs on my Dell Laptop.

Inspiron E1505, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 2MD/1.66 GHZ/667Mhz

2GB DDR2 533 Mhz 2 Dimm Ram

128 MB ATI Mobility Radeon Video Card

100 GB 7200 RPM Sata HD

XP Pro SP2

Soundblaster Advanced Audio (Built in Sound Card)

Let me say this. The first two gigs I used VDJ without an external sound card, I went 1/8 inch to RCA monster cable into my mixer. ( I was unable to cue). VDJ sounded incredible, I was running a Crown XS 1200 for my two JBL MPro 415s and One Mackie 1501 self powered sub. I did not have to make one tweak to XP...

I bought a M Audio fast track pro and could not get my computer to recognize it. I bought a Gigaport sound card, and after initial installation the music sounded like crap with cracks and pops... After all the XP tweaks it sounded great. This weekend I am going to compare the two set ups side by side at loud volumes to see if I can notice any difference in quality.

Additionally, I bought the PCDJ VDJ1 USB headphones. After talking with the tech people at PCDJ, apparently these USB headphones will work perfectly with VDJ??? They will serve as a back up incase my sound card goes down, or if I get better sound using the internal sound card these headphones will let me cue, and thats all I need them for. Has anyone tried them? I will keep everyone posted.

I still think my wave file is choppy sometimes and I have moved the slider in hardware accelation all over.. I just defraged my HD as well.. I have 20 GB of Free Space....

I have been using windows task manager to monitor VDJ in action. The most my CPU spikes to is 60% when I load a new track. My two gig of ram, stays well under 500 MB... I am curious to know what other peoples systems register?

Can a few people let me know what rate their CPU and RAM useage is say during a few hours with VDJ?

I think VDJ is rock solid application and most problems are hardware or sound card related. I am sure if we all keep sharing our stories we will have VDJ working perfectly for everyone.

Any and all advice or comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

CM

Thanks...

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 3:47 am
I am wondering what that system will do with video as I suspect it has shared memory. Do you ever plan on playing video with this system?? If so now would be the time to try out 1 or 2 VOBS and see if it works, you have great specs for Audio, I am just questioning the Video card. Is there more info on what card you have in there??

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 7:13 am
yeah, what model ATI

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 1:37 am
How can I determine the model of the video card?

This Laptop will only be used for Audio, no video. I work with a video partner and when we supersize events, and he brings the screen, plasmas and does all the video work....

CM

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:40 pm
I think it says right at the top bar of the box that you are in when you right click on screen, then left click on properties, then left click on advanced...takes you to vidcard options.. Some cards show right up at the right click on screen menu.

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:31 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)