快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: M-Audio USB or Hercules MK2?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,
I've tried to use two PCI soundcards in my PC to no avail. So I'm going to use my hard earned cash to get going instead. Opinions would be appreciated on whether I should go for;

a) M-Audio Audiophile USB audio interface at £95
or
b) Hercules MK2 Console at £130 -£140

I'm a home DJ into deep house, so no hip hop scratching required. The current set up is
PC connected to a Technics DJ1200 External Mixer and my amp to the speakers.

I'm interested to see what people think would be best.

Thanks
J
ps - if anyone has a really cheap supplier of this stuff please post the link (if that's allowed of course)

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 12:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 12:27 pm
I take the other view that a dedicated multi channel sound card into a dedicated pro DJ mixer would be better - certainly if you are planning pro use (ie. go for the M-Audio USB)

My thinking is that for ~£140 or whatever they sell for, the internal components of the MK2 cant be up to much - £140 is nothing, and you get a controller, a sound card with its own D/A convertor and the emulation of a mixer (albeit in VDJ) - but you wont be able to buy a half decent DJ mixer for £140 !! Therefore, it must be cheap and nasty !!

As an old hand at DJ'ing (~14 years experience), I also like the 'hands on' approach of a traditional mixer - lots of knobs, dials and faders to play with - I just feel more comfortable with a 'real' mixer.

(Thats my thoughts anyway, and for the exact same reason is why I only use my BCD as a controller)

Cant comment on the M-Audio as I dont have one, but I am also looking at the possibilty of getting one so if anyone has any views on it, would be very interested to hear.

JD

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 2:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

M- Audio
USD 179.95 MSRP

2 x 2 16-bit/48kHz analog I/O

2 microphone inputs (XLR balanced) with 48v phantom power

stereo microphone input (1/8”)

2 high-impedance instrument/line inputs (balanced/unbalanced 1/4” TRS)

2 mono line outputs (1/4” @ -10dBV)

stereo line output (1/8”)

stereo headphone output with level control knob

gain control knob for each input channel (+40 dB max)

zero-latency hardware direct monitoring (mono/stereo) with software level control

USB-powered for total mobility

includes Ableton Live Lite 4 music production software, so you can make music right away

sampling rates (kHz): 8, 9.6, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48

frequency response: +/-0.8 dB, 20Hz to 20kHz

signal-to-noise ratio: -88dB, A-weighted

dynamic range: 88dB, A-weighted

THD: 0.013% (-78 dB) @ -1dBFS, 1kHz

USB recording: 16-bit/44.1kHz > 2-in/2-out
16-bit/48kHz > 2-in/2-out

Compatable :

ASIO 2

MME

Sound Manager

DirectX

Mac OS X Core Audio / Core MIDI

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 2:27 pm
I think that makes it even with one vote each.

It sounds like if I want better sound, go with the M-Audio.

But the Hercules has more bells and whistles to play with.

I'm going to go for the flexibility the Hercules gives me for the extra £40 or so.

Thanks for your help chaps, if I change my mind and go with the M-Audio I will post a message for you.

Cheers
J

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 4:41 pm
Just a quick final post to let you know I purchased the MK2 and it was easy to set up and works well.

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 7:52 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)