快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Better TC Vinyls, When? - Page: 3

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
red then :)?

发表时间 Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 6:16 pm
I want patience... AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! =)

发表时间 Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 6:16 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
I have the sample of clear here and the red given the choice I would rather have the red since you can see through it as well the clear has sort of a white hue to it. Remember VDJ's colors are red black and white. Honestly I'm a bit shocked to see this if we offer a color choice you guys choose none lol I just find that funny. I can also see the clear vinyl being a problem in a dark club. Black will always be an option for us. I thought the colors might be fun.

Definately keep the black records for traditionalists. I don't think it matters that the clear has a white hue to it, it would still be pretty cool because you can still see through it to reveal the many custom slip mats that many dj's use with their dj names on them, or the clubs, name, or artwork, or whatever. I personally wouldn't use red, but I agree that it should be an option for Atomix's corporate colors promotion.

But understand (this is just a cultural observation/reality that might otherwise have been overlooked) that a LOT of dj's in the US would LIKE a blue option if a red one is offered. Unfortunately, people still can get hurt, especially here on the West Coast over having the wrong color in the wrong place at the wrong time. A sad truth, I know, but still true. Just look at any Snoop Dogg video where he's wearing a bandana in his pocket and you'll see that it's "hanging out the left side, yeah that's the Crip side" (he's from Rollin' 20's Crips). That's a line from "Drop It Like It's Hot". Then look at any of The Game's videos and you'll realize that he wears red bandanas. He's a Blood (Cedar Block Piru out here in Compton, California to be exact). even his extremely popular 1st hit of of his latest album "The Doctors Advocate" is called "It's Okay (One Blood)".

I personally think that there should be 4 colors offered: always BLACK by default, CLEAR for the translucent effect that will somewhat show off all of the cool custom slip mats that MANY turntablists and dj's use (even if there is a white hue), RED for Atomix's color visibility and for others that prefer red, and BLUE for the people that prefer blue.That's plain, simple, covers the primary colors, and all the bases. My point being that IF you offer red, you may want to offer blue as well. Otherwise, just stick with neutrals like black, clear, and maybe "safe" colors like yellow, green, purple, etc. I'm not being silly here people, just telling it like it is and trying to make sure that VDJ / VV appeals to EVERYONE.

I would definitely use black, clear, and blue. =)

发表时间 Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 6:21 pm
Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yep...you right, guys start the production very quick with all 4 colors:
Transparent, Blue, Red, Black then you will see witch one will get sold the most.

You will see... everybody will want to have all colors for their setups.

But remember, personaly i don't really care about the color, i care about quality of the record (take a quick look at the SSL) and the recording on it (100% pitch stable to "0") and also nice label on the center.

发表时间 Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 11:04 pm
Funky t has a good point!........

Conquest has a damn good point(as i am here in cali and know exactly what he's referring to(i'm one of them Blue guys myself;not a gang banger but i luv the color blue AND where i hang out @ Red WILL get you f***ed up ...but then if you go to another area then Blue will do the same)

where im from (Detroit,MI)people like to floss(show off) so we definately would try and collect them all(just to show off and brag) =D

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 12:19 am
Funky T wrote :
Yep...you right, guys start the production very quick with all 4 colors:
Transparent, Blue, Red, Black then you will see witch one will get sold the most.

dj t boogie wrote :
Funky t has a good point!........

Conquest has a damn good point(as i am here in cali and know exactly what he's referring to(i'm one of them Blue guys myself;not a gang banger but i luv the color blue AND where i hang out @ Red WILL get you f***ed up ...but then if you go to another area then Blue will do the same)

where im from (Detroit,MI)people like to floss(show off) so we definately would try and collect them all(just to show off and brag) =D

Thanks for the validation and support Funky T and dj t boogie.

I thought for sure that I was gonna get flamed for posting that cultural anamoly and that people were just gonna say that I was being "silly" or trying to "act gangsta" or something, which would have made me upset since I was DEAD serious and just trying to have VDJ/VV's TCV's cater to everyone.

I'm not gang related either myself, but the only way I got around that was to be a dj. The rule out here in lots of parts of the "Wild, Wild, West" and throughout the U.S. as well, is that you're either:

A - in a gang
B - a turntablist or dj
C- getting you're butt beat up because you're not either A or C.

I know a lot of A (both colors but mostly blue) & B, but I stay away from C because I don't want to get "caught up" and consequently beat up by mistake.

Black, Clear... hehehe (Clear), Red, and Blue TCV's would be GREAT! =)

I'll take Black, Clear, and Blue for sure, as well as Red to support Atomix.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 4:39 am
Are the new TCV's going to have minute cue markers like the serato's TCV's?
Would be good for Absolute mode.
... and browser area marked too?

btw... I am in Vegas right now and I am finalizing my job opportunity at a new club being built. I am pushing VDJ for all 4 rooms in it so we can video mix using TCV's. The club is projected to be open by mid February. Will the gen 3 TCV's be done in time for that?

Look foward to blowing the minds of the masses in Vegas with VDJ and scratch video mixing!!!

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 2:17 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Hmmmm,
Well if it's open by the 20th you may get some visitors as the Vegas Mobile Beat Show is that week.
http://www.mobilebeat.com/djshow.php

Maybe a little get together is in order....

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 2:53 pm
Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Soo, teamers let's hear the big decision, keep us up to date.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 7:18 pm

BROWN ;)

lol

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 7:32 pm
eww

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 8:01 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
it will be one color choice at first as to what that color is to be its seems the majority want clear. I'm going to leave the thread open for a bit longer so more can voice their opinion.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 10:49 pm
i want blue defenatly!!!!!!

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 10:52 pm
u know how good that would go with the skin? but then again clear is cool.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 10:53 pm
Translucent would definatly be cool.

Seeing slipmats is a good idea, iff your booth could be seen by your audience

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 11:27 pm
I think red would stand out very nice.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 5:50 am
red...

my vote..

but black for sure please....

no one answered my question from before though..

minute markers?

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 6:50 am
OOPS! I didn't mean to quote myself and vote again... ;)

ConQuest wrote :
Black, Clear... hehehe (Clear), Red, and Blue TCV's would be GREAT! =)

I'll take Black, Clear, and Blue for sure, as well as Red to support Atomix.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 8:34 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Black and clear are best choices!

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 1:21 pm
white

发表时间 Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 4:50 pm
69%