快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Updating database

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am a newbee with Virtual DJ and I love it! I have an issue that I hope somebody can help me with.
I have an 500 gb external hard filled with mp3's that I have collected over the years. I also have a 100 gb internal hard drive on my laptop wher I downloaded the trial version on, which is all filled up with mp3's.
I recently purchased a 1Tb external hard drive in which i would like to transfer my music to.
Here is my problem; I already created a "local database" on my laptop with BPM analyzed (which took a very long time to do). I transfered all my mp3's from the laptop and the 500 gb external hard drive to the new hard drive. How would I be able to add "unanalyzed" mp3 files to my database without Virtual DJ ereasing the BPM of the analyzed files. I have a fast system, but this took many hours the last time. I hope there is an easier way.......HELP!

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 6:44 pm

In the VDJ music browser, at the tree to the left, just locate the new folders where you're MP3s are stored, right-click and choose "add to search database"

A super fast add, no anaylzing, and your tracks are back:)

You can also add these folders as favorite folders, so they are "sticky" folders in the browser tree

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 6:53 pm
Great.......theat worked perfectly in adding my files, but................
I want to "analyze" just the new files added to the hard drive of files already "analyzed". Virtual DJ wants to analyze ALL the files on that hard drive all over again..............HELP!

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 7:03 pm
Go to the spesific folder where your new files are, and use the music browser inside VDJ.

Just select the files you want to analyze (you can group select by using CTRL or SHIFT key), and right-click the selected group, and choose analyze (any music is best, house/techno is fastest, but mosty good for that kind of music).

You can also do it differently.
Go to main root of the VDJ database (local database at top of VDJ tree).
Sort by BPM, and scroll down to where the files dont have BPM. Select all the files that dont have BPM, and rightclick & analyze

;)

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 7:08 pm
THAnks for your help DJ IN NORWAY; if that helps me in my situation, I would surely buy this product!

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 7:22 pm

Hope to see you as a full member soon then ;)

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 7:38 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)