快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: ok im having my first problem!!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i already have all my mp3 files id3 taged from traktor 3 but vdj won't organize them by bpm correctly.
i am trying to have vdj analyse all my mp3 files and its crashin my computer!!! it will get 1/3 done and then restart my biostar cube pc. (3.2 ht pentium 4, 1 gb ram, 350 gb hard drive). Can anyone tell me what to do? what does the max load option do?

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:21 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do it in smaller chunks :)

max load means when a song is loading it will load the whole file to ram as it plays

2 mins for example loads 2 min :) 5 5 and 10 10 ect

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:26 am

Traktor BPM is probably (as far as I know) tagged in ID3 tags yes..

Reading BPM from those tags are not yet a feature of VDJ. Maybe it should, but BPM in VDJ is far better...

You do need to analyze your files for that, but there has been some reporting after 4.x that analyzing huge amouns of files in one go will heat the CPU and crash PC..

Have yet to experience the same, and most cases of such reports, have eventually turned out to be a corrupt MP3 files.

So the advice is to analyze FOLDER by FOLDER, one by one.. At least thats safer. Might have to look into the CPU load over time, when analyzing huge amount of files though..

The max load is used to set the length of a song that should be loaded into ram (show wave info etc).
I'd strongly recommend you to set it higher than the lenght of your music files, say set it to 30 mins.

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:28 am
thanks thats does seem like the problem. my hip hop folder alone has over 7000 files and thats the one it always crashes on! when i do it folder by folder, it doesn't crash. thanks again for the quick responces.

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 2:03 am
djcaraby wrote :
thanks thats does seem like the problem. my hip hop folder alone has over 7000 files and thats the one it always crashes on! when i do it folder by folder, it doesn't crash. thanks again for the quick responces.

you might have to watch it and see which file it crashes on...sounds like a pain in azz but you have a bad file IMAO
Sometimes even a mp4 will stop the analizing dead in its tracks ...trust me i know i had to scan my files folder by folder ..had to move all mp4's in to another location then i scanned straight thru with no problem .also i set cpu to max load myself

good luck
Boogie

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 2:10 am
And for your tag problem, try Tag & Rename, to copy the file tags to the file name in ARTIST - TITLE.MP3. Then you can scan your music dir by dir. Or better still 100 by 100!

Remember to shut down VDJ and restart VDJ after every couple hunderd files, if VDJ frezes you loose all the scan info right back to the last time you restarted VDJ as it only saves the BPM data when you close VDJ.

发表时间 Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:42 am
Set a keyboard shortcut for save_database - then you can periodically use this to save having to close and relaunch the program.

Mykel

发表时间 Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:21 am
Nice trick Mykel, never knew that one! =)

发表时间 Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:03 pm
No worries ;)

发表时间 Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)