快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: TCCD with Denon MK3

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello! I'm using the Presonus firebox and the "old school" Denon-2000F MK3. This is my first attempt at TTCDs, and have done alot of research on the forums. Here is my problem....the only function om my cd players that controls the mp3 is "play". If i hit cue, the music just pauses, if i spin the inner jog wheel to cue a point the song studders foward in slow motion, but not because I move the wheel in that direction. Very strange. I have absolutely no control over the song whatsoever, except play. I cannot cue, search, change the pitch...what gives?

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 9:21 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how does the wavform on the timecode page look?

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 12:17 pm

@Djkizzle

I'm pretty sure you have it set wrong ;) You need 100% timecode signal quality... in the tc setting

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 1:22 pm
the wave form is exactly the way it looks in the instructional page on the website.

Norway: the percentage is 0! I really had a hard time setting it up. maybe someone has a step by step guide as to how to configure TCCDs?....presumably more setailed than the guide listed on the VDJ site!

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 6:06 pm
k...

Here is the thing:

- GOOD wave, but ZERO % quality

that means most likely that your signal is too loud. Either lower the signal in at the soundcard, and if the soundcard does not have such a level slider, you need to open the timecode mp3 in a wave editor (Such as Adobe Audition or similar) and lower the volume about 13db.

I have to do the same to be able to use timecode with my soundcard.

Try that.

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 6:24 pm
unfortunately, I don't own an audio editing program, though it seems I need one right now. what can I use beside audition? anything less expensive (or free)? I'm not one to quibble about a couple hundred bucks, but I'd rather not spend a bunch on a program I otherwise have no use for. also, if I drop the volume on the file, would I be able to use these particular TCCDs with any CD player out there or does each CD player need different settings?

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 6:29 pm
any cd player;)

Try this first:
- Select your soundcard asio in VDJ
- go to performance tab, set latency to AUTO (IMPORTANT!)
- go back to soundcard config, run the timecode config, by pressing AUTO CONFIG there.

Now, if you see a good clean wave like pictures you've seen, but have ZERO % timecode quality, you need to lower the signal ( common, on many soundcard, as the cd players play really lound out).

Download the FREE demo of Audition, or similar wave editors (there are bunch of them, all free trials).
Open the mp3, and lower the volume about 13db, and save to WAVE (Windows PCM).

Burn to new CD, and use that CD.
This will work on ANY cd player yes:)
Its your soundcard that needs it (does not have volume slider for line ins)

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 6:33 pm
djvonHome userMember since 2006
Hey bro,try this totally free program to do it. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ .You can edit waveforms with this software even though I also recommend adobe audition.Works the same.

发表时间 Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 12:23 am

@djvon

Thanks for that tip..

Was trying to remember the name of that one at the post above...

Audacity is a GREAT software, and totally free... ;)
Forget about Adobe Audition for the simple lower of volume, download the free Audacity ,)

发表时间 Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:37 am
love audacity its a god send :)

发表时间 Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:44 am
well, Audacity sounds like the way to go! ill give it a whirl after the holiday.

onr more question...I noticed that the output of me Firebox is extremely high, much higher than my Gigaport, on-board sound card, or my Denons. by lowering the volume on the TCCD track, will that in turn lower the audio output volume into my mixer, or will I still have to lower the volume using the volume control board that Windows uses?

发表时间 Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:43 am
i belive the windows control probaly will need to be used

give it a try :)

发表时间 Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:44 am
yes, I suppose "give it a try" is the best answer anyone can give me....very true! we'll see what happens over the next few days..thanks guys!

发表时间 Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 9:44 am
goodluck il try and do some research 2 morrow :)

发表时间 Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:07 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)