快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: BCD2000 latency ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am considering buying a controller, and am looking at the BCD2000 or the Herc MKII (but currently favouring the BCD2000 as its slightly bigger and seems more 'substantially' built).
I am planning on using it purely as a controller, and will be using another (good quality) sound card into a conventional mixer.
For audio, does anyone have any feel for the latency ? IE. when I press play, will it be 'instant' (near instant) - I guess what I'm trying to get it close to is a quality CD deck.
Any views ??

Cheers

JD

发表时间 Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 10:12 pm

I can only speak for Mk2 that I have (AND NOT PREVIOUS MODELS, they are not good).

Its very instant, and very much like a rackmount dual cd player (the feel and responsiveness).

So it works great:)

Think the BCD2000 performs as good as a controller.
It only has issues as a soundcard.

发表时间 Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 10:20 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Jakes Daddy
the bcd2000 is controller for home users and semiprofessional users like hercules....
hercules is supported by virtual dj from many time than bcd..and it's more stable...
the design, key, slider, knob of bcd are better then djconsolle...
virtualdj with version 4.0 now support BCD2000 but in many case there are audio problems....it's a issue that could be solved with new drives....in my case bcd work perfect.....
there are some tutorial in the forum that explain how configure your system to try to obtain a stable configuration.....in many case the result is good...in the others not....

发表时间 Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 11:03 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 8:58 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
btw dont know if uv seen it the bcd2000 is going to be canceled and redone and released as bcd2 soon

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:46 am

lol ;)
Guys! He as asking about using the BCD2000 PURELY AS A CONTROLLER, with a different card as soundcard ;)

In other words, only use the BCD as midi controller.... And that works fine ;)

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 9:00 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
i'm agree with dj-in-norway....bcd2000 work fine if you use only a controller.....

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 9:43 pm
well, BCD works great as a controller but it is working ok with some laptops too, I know some spanish users that are working ok with their laptops I am using a desktop and i have never had problems using the bcd as a sound card either so, but i don't know, may be the hardware inse of your machine or maybe some software is caussing conflicts with the bcd, but you guys are ok, you could use the bcd just as a controller and you will be ok...

regards

dj quintana

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have tried MKII and i bought BCD2000

From my point of view.. if you want a controller buy a controller. If you want a soundcard buy a soundcard. If you want them both then you buy troubles!

Get a BCD and a descent soundcard.

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:49 pm
Hi dj in norway:
can you please clarify for us newbies:

"Guys! He as asking about using the BCD2000 PURELY AS A CONTROLLER, with a different card as soundcard ;)
In other words, only use the BCD as midi controller.... And that works fine ;) "

I am thinking of buying VDJ and bcd2000 ..i have soundblater audigy external soundcrad. would thi be what you are talking about ? ie using bcd but not as a soundcard in the settings in VDJ?

Also do you guys think it ok to buy this bcd2000 release ( ie do we have enough fixes right now for vdj compatibility) or wait a couple of months for new one with all the fixes?

any help to shed more light on this matter would be appreciated guys....\\

Cheers

Arrabistadj

发表时间 Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 12:14 am
Well, just to answer my own question :-) .....

I took the plunge and brought the BCD2000. I 'compared' it in the shop with the MK2 (ie. I could touch both and feel the relative quality but neither were plugged into anything) - decided that the MK2 felt like a cheap plastic toy, and the BCD felt ... well .... slightly less cheap (by no means 'pro' but not bad)

Got it plugged into my desktop, configured VDJ to use it as a controller, and use my existing sound card for audio out (which then goes into my mixer) - all works well.

As far as latency is concerned, its OK. I've got the driver tuned down to 4ms and its fine. Its certainly more responsive than the pile of poop Numark CD22 which I use at the club I play at :-)

As a pretty well experienced 'semi-pro' (working every weekend for the past 14 years, playing on classic 1210s, Pioneer desktop units and Denon rack mount CDs), I'm now looking at the possibility of going 'digital' (hence looking at vdj and a controller)

The BCD is OK, but if I decide to go MP3, it probably wont make the grade and I will be looking for something more robust / quality.

(PS. the thing that bugs me most about the BCD at the moment is the layout - the right hand deck is OK as its a 'conventional' layout. However, the left hand deck is 'backwards' in that the pitch etc is to the left of the jog wheel !!)

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:31 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)