快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: macbook pro?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have the need to use both Mac and PC, from time to time, and now that the Intel chips allow Macs to run Windows, I'd like to know about the performance I might expect from VDJ if run on a loaded Macbook Pro, specifically with regards to video. It's priced in the neighborhood of a gaming laptop, but does it have the GUTS to do what I'd need from it, for VDJ, running music video?

Here are some of the basic specs of what I've been looking at:

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1680 x 1050 pixels
2GB memory
160GB hard drive
8x double-layer SuperDrive
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 256MB SDRAM

Is anyone here already doing what I'm considering, and how well does it work for you?

发表时间 Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 8:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SteveSharp wrote :
I have the need to use both Mac and PC, from time to time, and now that the Intel chips allow Macs to run Windows, I'd like to know about the performance I might expect from VDJ if run on a loaded Macbook Pro, specifically with regards to video. It's priced in the neighborhood of a gaming laptop, but does it have the GUTS to do what I'd need from it, for VDJ, running music video?

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1680 x 1050 pixels
2GB memory
160GB hard drive

Is anyone here already doing what I'm considering, and how well does it work for you?

sounds ok remember bootcamp is only in beta still

发表时间 Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 11:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just helped load a MacBook Pro for a friend of mine - the specs you list sound similar to what he has.
I will tell you that I was quite impressed with the outcome.

Windows XP with Slipstreamed SP2 is a must.
He had problems with a DVI to SVideo/Composite converter - so we had to go DVI 2 VGA then VGA to S-Video/Composite converter.

The most touchy thing was the OS install - after that loaded VDJ fine, even setting up a GigaPort sound card and DAC-3 was a snap to interface.

cstoll

发表时间 Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:19 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
good to hear :)

发表时间 Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:21 am
SteveSharp wrote :

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1680 x 1050 pixels
2GB memory
160GB hard drive

Yup.

I do windows on Mac Boot Camp installs myself for customers. Between April and September of this year, I averaged 3-5 installs a week, but for the past 3 months, and now that most of these windows to Mac switchers are realizing that they don't need windows at all, just Office [which is available for Mac], I do no more than 5-8 Boot Camp installs a month. I don't even DEMO boot camp on my Macs anymore, because most of the customers don't care about windows at all. The ones that do need it for something other than Office [games or proprietary windows applications], are just content knowing that it can be done, they don't need to see it.

Since late April of this year I've been using VDJ on win xP Pro on a MacBook Pro / 1.83 Core Duo/ 2GB Ram / 80Gb HD / SuperDrive / ATI x1600 [128Mb VRam].

No performance degradation at all running windows on a Mac using Boot Camp. I've been using the video output since November and it works fine too.

Don't worry about having to use VDJ in windows on a MacBook for too much longer either, the Mac version will be out soon. ;)

Best digital dj software [VDJ / Virtual Vinyl] + the best OS [Mac] = best digital dj solution. =)

发表时间 Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:52 pm
junoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mac version?!?!?! I <3 you. I cannot wait! Now I know why the DJ Console Mk2 just released it's mac drivers. iTunes support, mmmmmm. Heaven

发表时间 Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 4:58 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)