快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Don't do this with VDJ!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Guys... I have been DJing on and off for about 20 years. I stopped for 10 years and now I am back. Better equipment, cd's and PC Djing excited me to the point where I wanted to get back into it! I haven't put much time into PC Djing since my cd collection is very extensive and I like cd decks. However I am doing more and more on the PC! After trying many products I decided to go with Atomix and then onto VDJ. Back in January I got a new PC and I never could figure out why I had so many problems with VDJ all of the suddent since my new PC was much better than the old! (I burnt the old cpu out writing dvds). My problem is solved! No more lockups and freezing! My mistake was to have both Soundblaster 24 and a Soundblaster Live cards in the same PC. What thru my off was the fact that Atomix, PCDJ, MusicMatch and all of my other music type programs worked fine in this setup! So naturally I blamed VDJ! On a hunch I removed both cards and both drivers! I only reinstalled the Soundblaster 24. I set VDJ as 4.1 and used the one card for both output and headphones! I nervously did a teen party using only the computer last weekend! It went extremely well and VDJ worked just fine! The only thing that I did have to do was back down a notch on the video acceleration. I have audio acceleration set to maximum. I also have the performance in VDJ set at the 2nd lowest level from the left. OverDrive is off. Safemode is on. I think my next move is to get a PCI-E video card with 256MB Ram. This should allow me to push the video settings and the performance levels up. I don't do any video DJing but I want my PC at the highest level that my budget can afford. I will probably go back to a two card audio setup but this time using identical cards and drivers. I am thinking about getting professional quality cards eventually. The Creative Soundblaster 24 card seems to sound really good to me. My MP3's are ripped at 192k and 256k. Getting quality MP3's seems to be more important right now than the soundcard quality. Either way I am way ahead of the other DJs I compete against thanks to Virtual DJ!

发表时间 Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 4:50 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
glad to hear it went well for you :)

发表时间 Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 4:55 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)