快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Question @ system requirements

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello. At the recommendation of a friend who has VDJ and is a member here, I am seriously considering purchasing the program as I would like to use it for video mixing and karaoke as well as djing. I have a PC setup with the following specs and would like to know if it is sufficient AND how I would set up the "Performances" configuration:

Pentium-D 3.2 ghz processor
2 gb RAM
512 mb video card
1000 gb hard drive space

From what I have seen, the above specs should be mor than sufficient, but is it recommended to either upgrade to a 1 gb video card? Or instead of that, how about bumping up the RAM to 4 gb? I also have an M-Audio sound card to use on my mobile system.

Basically, I would like to know where to set the following...

1) "Presets" slider...where should it be in between "Fastest" and "Best Quality"? What is this for?
2) "Scratch"...where should the "Enhanced Algorithm" be set?
3) If the "Lowpass Filter" is selected, what number of "Filter Taps" is recommended and should the "Filter Smooth" option be checked?
4) Under "Master Tempo", what is the difference between "Fast" and "Advanced"? What should the "Advanced" settings be at?

And under the "Options" tab, what do the following mean?
-Auto Update
-Charts
-ToolTip
-MSN
-Max Load
-Write VDJ tags

Thank you for the time and I look forward to hearing any responses to all this.

发表时间 Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 6:35 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you upgrade those parts the machine will be faster but remember pcs will always run at the speed of their slowest component

your machine would be best configured close to best quality on the slider this autoconfigures all of the preferences to high quality for you
so you dont need to worry about 2 3 or 4

auto update checks for patches on loading
charts sends anomious data to the virtual dj charts of music
tool tip gives hints
msn sends the title of the song you are playing to msn to be your personal message on live messenger
max load , 5 m 10 min are options for how much of a song you want to load at once a fast machine will load faster

write vdj tags allows the software to write its own tags to the music to help add comments ect.

发表时间 Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 11:30 am
Thank you for the reply! So I guess the best route to upgrading my PC in anticipation of VDJ would be to get a 1 gb video card? I'm going to check out my buddy's PC setup again to play around with the Fastest/Best Quality slider. Where exactly would I notice the difference in performance?

And I also have another question regarding the Timecoded CD's...
Does this work exactly like Rane Serato, but with the exception of the breakout box?
I haven't come across many Timecoded CD users....is this not a popular option?

发表时间 Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 5:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the more ram and video your pc has the faster to a certain extent

about the midle of the range

time code is popular is just like all the others :)

发表时间 Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 9:09 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)