快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: BCD2000 Support in Virtual DJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi there,

After reading through tonns and tonns of completely irrelivant information on the forum regarding the BCD2000 I thought it would be best to just ask via a new topic. As I understand it the latest version of Virtual DJ is 4.1 revision 2 (yes/no)?

If so, what is the current support for this software and the BCD2000? I have tried this controller on a friends copy of Virtual DJ but the controller did not function as expected, with the following limitations (As far as I know)...

* Headphone preview did not output EQ changes, i.e. killing bass would not reflect in the headphone output.
* The jog wheels would stop the music temporarily and make the track jump irraticaly.
* Effects dials and buttons did not seem to function correctly.

I also own a Hercules DJ Console and have recently upgraded to the BCD 2000, obviously the old version of the Virtual DJ software does not function correctly or completely with the old (free version for Hercules) so I am really curious about this.

Ideally I would like it to function pretty much exactly the same as the hercules console, bar the differences in the actualy hardware. I found the B-DJ software to be a complete and utter pile of 5*1t to be honest! All it has done so far is blue screen the computer, laptop *and* desktop!

I'd appreciate your advice and any *currently relevant* links that may help me as I would like to purchase a copy of Virtual DJ but will not until I can be sure that it functions exactly how I am expecting it to.

Thanks a million for your time!

Nick.

发表时间 Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:28 pm
the first question is yes, now reffering to the problems you have is maybe "the version" you are using, with the pro version all those features work fine with the bcd2000, the jogwheel works as is described because is mainly used for scraching and no for stopping the song if you want to stop just press the play-pause knob, regards.

发表时间 Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 1:43 am
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, so can I view these features working in the demo to be certain? Also, is it possible to turn the jog wheels *off* of scratch mode and onto pitch bend mode instead?

Cheers for your time.

发表时间 Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 10:10 am
Also....

Is there some kind of feature chart anywhere that shows the differences between the Pro version and the Home edition? I'm not 100% sure of the differences...

发表时间 Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 10:46 am
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djabstraction wrote :
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, so can I view these features working in the demo to be certain? Also, is it possible to turn the jog wheels *off* of scratch mode and onto pitch bend mode instead?

Cheers for your time.

With the latest version you can push the scratch button on the BCD2000 and the jogs will change to nudge. Also since the release of the bcd2000 mapper you can do many more cool things like browse your files using the jog wheels and selecting song for the differnt decks without having to touch the mouse or keyboard. There are many more features but I havent had the time to discover them all but so far Im enjoying it.

Buy VDJ Pro you wont be disappointed. Dont even bother with home edition

发表时间 Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 11:20 am
Well, that mapper is a little confussing to use is not like mk2 or xp10 it will be updated but not yet, with native support you can do many things or you can use an xml files if you want to modify something or add functions and with the mapper that's not possible yet and pitch bend values are a little higher, I like +-128 in nudges, it works like a denon player; but if you want to swicht between scrach and pitch bend usingthe jog wheel then you need that mapper.

发表时间 Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 5:52 pm
Hey there,

Thanks for all your answers that's really helpful. I would still like to see a feature map, to see the differences between pro and home edition though if possible...

发表时间 Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 9:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 3:28 pm
Hi there! I'm using BCD-2000 as my main controller. Prior I was using Hercules but it's now in the trash-can(it's worthless, no control what so ever, crap buttons, jog-wheels with guess function and so on). When I'm using the BCD-2000 everything starts and stops when it should and it means that I can play very relaxed. The new version VDJ 4.1 r2 works super, and with the new mapper the sound-quality and playbiltiy increased, thks to moramax!
It's important when running VDJ that your computer is "clean" and stabil. Just use those programs that are involved to perform, in other word take control over your computer so all programs that start up when you start the computer is closed except for those who are necessary. Programs run in the background and interfere with VDJ. Use spyboot if you're not familiar with closing processes on the computer. Spyboot is a freeware for virus-scanning and spyware and it also shows which programs are in the startup-process.

Thk U VDJ team for a very well-performing software and that the addition of BCD-2000, it made my DJ-life so much easier and I've been around since the introduction of 12''.

Go team!

发表时间 Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 4:16 pm
Hey Coldfield that's really encouraging to know. Although to be honest I think the job wheels on the BCD2000 are completely pants, they don't have any momentum so you can't spin back the track manually, unless mine is broken of course (as the box was open for some reason when I bought it).

Anyway, so when you are listening through the headphones can you hear the changes in the low, mid and high dials? The scratch / pitch bend jog dial feature was my wrong as the buttons do not reflect the state correctly.

Thanks for your input again and thanks for the product chart skyfxl, it's very helpful! I shall definitely be looking to purchase this as soon as I can, just have to double check it does exactly as I wish!

Cheers again ;-)

发表时间 Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 5:38 pm
You can listen the equalization in headphones using a plugin but is only available for pro users,regards.

发表时间 Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 12:55 pm
I'm sorry I don't understand the problem. If you running I license program and really learn it then the point of jogwheels for scrolling in the track is pointless. You have a fast forward/backward function and you can use the pointer to access wherever in the track you want. I only use the jogwheel for finetuning, schratching and pitchbend. So easy and very similar to all the CD-players I have used. Just get the real version of virtual DJ and you realise the potential. For my needs I really like the BCD-2000 because I change location on every gig(not resident) which means I can concentrate of whats important for a gig, to get people having a good time so they come back and make the venue profitible. And as manquin_dj point out if you have a license there are lots of god stuff to use on this site and if you have the skills you can develop by yourself. I like the program and it works splendid for me. Thk U developers and team for your hard work and long hours!!!!

Regards coldfield

发表时间 Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 3:03 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)