快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Errors !! 4.1 Database Error

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi All,

Up to now I have never had an error with Virtual DJ, But today when I tried to start it I got an error saying that my Internal database was corrupt, Then It says my screen res is too low, Once it opens all my virtual folders and BMP info is missing.

I thought that maybe my Laptop had an error and as I have a copy installed on my server at home I tried that when I got back and had the same error ?

Has there been an update that has killed the software ?

I cant see why 2 machines would have the same error and continue to have the same error every time I re start them. I deleted the MP3 database and did a new search and it found them all fine. It took 9 hours to BPM them all and then I closed it down as normal.

Opened it and the old error was back and everything was missing again ?

Any idea ?

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 10:08 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try using the database tool available in the downloads section

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 2:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it works wonders :)

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 4:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
One of the things you may try - other than the tool (my tool) mentioned above - is before you go back through the process of rebuilding (analyzing) everything again is do a SCANDISK and DEFRAG on your hard drive. The likely hood that you are hitting a bad/corrupt sector on the hard drive is probable, especially since you can recreate the problem.

NOW with that said - one technical note is for those that have tracks with artist and title where it is in a language with accent marks above characters - those types of characters are know to play havoc with XML so you may look at your tracks and see if you have anything really weird as part to the title or artist.

Hope this helps, - feel free to try my repair tool - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2560

cstoll

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 5:18 pm
A similar question along the same lines....sometimes i'll search for a song by the title and it won't appear in the browser. yet, if I typ in the artist name, then it does show up in the browser. there are no funy characters in the file name, and I defrag my hdd every two days or so, moreif I move files around. anybody have an idea why this could happen?

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 5:49 pm
Hi,

I cant see why it would be a bad sector if it is happening on two different machines at the same time, I have re installed on one Pc and it works fine now. I can only assume that there has been an update as the auto update was on and both machines had the same error.

Really wierd how they both went wrong at the same time, I lost all the keyboard shortcuts also

Confused but fixed by re installing software

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 8:19 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your problem points to my second point about weird characters in title or artist. What new music have you added to your collection the last couple of days - again added to both machines.

BTW - auto update doesn't perform the update - it's simply an automatic check each time you run the program that checks if one is available, then it tells you the update is available for download.

All I can say is that if a re-install fixed it thern it was and most likely a bigger problem since it problem occured on two machines. Again go back to what was done on bothe machines and I am sure you will find the common cause.

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 11:45 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)