快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: What to do when the beat grid doesn't match the beat?!?!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello! What the hell can I do when the beat grid doesn't match the beat of the song? Perhaps there's a way to get the grid to match the beat? Every now and then, I'll load up a song and the grid doesn't match the beat and then when i play the song with beatlock on, obviously VDJ wants to match the 2 songs by the grid (and then you know what happens - the songs are off beat!!!). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx!!

发表时间 Sat 05 Jul 03 @ 6:52 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can adjust the beat grid using the phase slider on the manual beat tap. Also, you can turn off beat lock and match them up manually.

发表时间 Sat 05 Jul 03 @ 6:56 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Also you can add a shortcut to move the beat grid

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 1:36 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Alternatively you can try lisening to the mix and ignoring the dots, and use your ears to guide you.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 7:14 pm
well said Jukesy!!! Like a real DJ!

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 7:22 pm
I usually find it hard to beat-match a song using only my ears when there are no beats to beat-match to... like in an intro or something. That's the whole point of the beat-grid.

- Jim

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 8:11 pm
yeah Jim! lol

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 8:55 pm
even without beats songs still have a tempo. Usually 4 beats a bar and the pattern usually repeats every 4 or 8 bars. All you need to do is count them. You need imagination and a keen sense of rythm to be able to mix any type of music. The beatgrid is just supposed to be a visual aid not the be all and end all of mixing.
Walkers im suprised, you should appreciate this considering your vinyl experience.

Im not saying using the grid is wrong I was just giving an overall suggestion that all users of visual aids should take on board: That a good mix should be imagined first, and that there is no recipe to being a DJ.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 10:00 pm
Jukesy i was only agreeing with Jim and to be honest i have little vinyl experience! you may have heard a mix from me which are awful and i know it! but i can only improve with practise

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 11:01 pm
woo-hoo......i have to agree with jukesy....if you have ANY type of black hole ( vinyl ) mixing under your ear phone this thing with the beats being shown as you mix just makes it easier. but if the beat does not match...the vinyl experiance comes in handy because then the vinyl mix MASTER just mixs it by hearing alone

发表时间 Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 3:35 am
Walkers you are too modest!

发表时间 Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 6:51 pm
but its true! you have heard for yourself Mr Jukes

发表时间 Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 7:29 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)