快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VDJ 4.0 - Slight Problem..

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi there,

I own both Alcatech's BPM Studio 4.9 Pro plus the RCP 2001 Controller and PCDJ plus the DAC3 Controller. I have two dedicated DJ systems, one of which is a custom built rackmount system and the other being a 00DJ. BPM Studio is the dogs balls for DJ software except it won't stay in time whilst mixing. From that I mean the two tracks are never sync'd. The track you are trying to match to it is either slightly too fast or slightly too slow making your finger always be hovering over the + and - keys.

I find PCDJ totally useless but the 00DJ that it's loaded on is super due to it's 'all in one' design. Last night I downloaded the trial version of VDJ 4.0 to give it a go. First impressions were that it's come a long way since previous versions I've seen and was quite impressed. I was even more impressed to see the ASIO support for the sound card.

Apart from the silly things I like about BPM, (the customisable pitch bend and brake speeds, the preloaded music archive, the individual player wait lists and the fully featured controller with text) VDJ only had a couple of flaws I could find;

The pitch bend + and - keys are VERY sensitive, the time on the DAC controller was a few seconds out compared to the time on screen, and the worst problem, which I did after the night was over, when I activated the key changer facility in the effects tab, an awful distorted sound was then evident on every track played on the player it was applied to, even when the effect was turned off, system restarted, and even after I uninstalled the VDJ software and reinstalled it.

The sound was fine when it was put back in simple sound output mode but then my instant start is delayed. To check I opened BPM and tried it with a few songs to see if it was the ASIO but it played fine. Until this very moment I still can't clear it, which is a shame because it had prior to this, just proved itself as a very stable product that I would consider purchasing to replace BPM.

The sound card I am using is an Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 using the ASIO 4 ALL Driver.

Do you have any suggestions to sort this as I am a novice VDJ user.

Cheers

发表时间 Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 8:05 pm
First of all welcome.

If you find the pitch bend buttons (+ and -) too sensitive (I agree with you on this one). You could change it both in the interfaces skin as well as on the dac. The first you will need to edit the skin file, see the skin forum for more info. The dac could be changed with one of the mappers available. Keep in mind that these mappers could only be downloaded by full version users. You could also set some keyboard shortcuts for pitch bending or pitch nudging in the VDJ config menu.

If you get distortion when using the keylock function. You probably need to tweak the performances tab in the config menu. You will need to take some time to try different settings. There is no standard setting, while the proper setting is dependant on your pc and sound card. See VDJ manual for more info or look at the forum (General forum) for some tweaks and tips.
Ewout

发表时间 Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 8:42 pm
The thing is the sound was fine all night (around 6 hours) before I pressed the activate effect button. All the other effects were fine also. It just won't clear now the effect is off and it was only doing it on the player I applied the effect to until I stupidly tried it on player 2 to see if that was definately the cause!

I have only got 19 days left of it anyway, but I am starting to like the software (until this problem) and I have spent alot of money on digital DJ systems which were mean't to make life that little bit easier - by easier I mean less stuff to carry not cheating.

So far it's made life alot harder!!

Many thanks for the tip tho.

发表时间 Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 9:13 pm
The key changer as well as the time stretch (=master tempo, the little locks on the skin of both players), almost the same functionality, take much from your system. Especially if the performance setting in the config menu is set too high, your cpu will be running almost 100%. This could result in bad sound pops and clicks.
So trying different settings will be needed to find the best setup for your system. It took me several hours testing different settings, but when I found the best setting for both my laptop and my shuttle system, Im verry happy. Both are running very good now, no clicks and pops and proper latency.
Ewout

发表时间 Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 11:05 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)