快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Delay start with automatch enabled?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

OK, I can't figure out if it's possible and I don't know how to do it, or it's impossible in VDJ:

Let's say I'm playing track on deck A. I have automatch enabled and ready to go (CUEed up) on deck B. Let's say I start just a few miliseconds early (let's say 1/2 the beat, or 1/8 bar) to sync the CUE track to main, and off it goes.

The problem here it's that it starts the track B, slows it down or speeds it up, depends on when you start, to sync. Obiviously it doesn't work when you want the CUEed track B to start at full sound (let's say some looping vocal or synth or bassline or whatever), because it's very slight chance you're going to press play correctly every time, it's either speed up or slow down just a bit, but it's noticeable.

Now what I want to do, is to start track B a bit early, and let the PC sync the first beat by waiting, not slowing down / speeding up. I.e. track A is going, and I start track B 1/2 beat or 1/8bar early, and it (VDJ) waits that 1/2 beat and starts perfectly in time.

Is this possible?

Obviously Ableton Live can do it, and you can specify when to start (quantization), from practically no sync to whatever - I usually use 1 bar (4 beats), that way I can start at 1 beat before or 2, it'll sync every time without any problems.

Now of course Ableton Live is a different beast than VDJ.
But, I've just tried Traktor DJ Studio V3.1, and it does exactly that - it waits until perfect match, and then starts full speed, no slowing down / speeding up.

I understand that it might be a "feature" by VDJ - in that case, any way I can turn it off and have it sync like Traktor?

Thanks!

发表时间 Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 12:57 am
I still do not get what is going on in 4.0. In v3.4 you could do exactly what you stated. Start on a beat and have it be perfectly matched. A hard cue in. I have been asking this question for weeks now and get no answer. I have a powerful CPU and a good set up. I can do it with other programs. I think VDJ 4 sound is the best - but sincerely miss the "features" they did away with. It is nearly impossible to do what you asked and guarantee the results will be proper with 4.0. The only way I have been able to accomplish this is to set a 4 beat loop in the "Hard Cue" deck and swich on the beat...this is NOT what I really wanted to do though. I WAS able to hard cue with 3.4. The fact that sometimes it puts you before or after a beat is not acceptable..then it lags or speeds to catch up.

I hope this is addressed.

发表时间 Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 2:31 pm
Ronny582,

How did you do it on V3.4?

发表时间 Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 4:45 pm
In 3.4 all I did was let Deck A play to the point/beat I wanted to hard cue over to Deck B on.

I would have Deck B set to the Hard cue point.

I would have the fader set to the middle.

I would push the "Sync" button

and Deck B would start right on cue with out missing a beat

You can do the same in V4 by using the keyboard short cut "Sync_NoCBG" (read the forums)
but it doesn't seem to work as "tightly" as it did with the sync button in 3.4

Hope this helps.

发表时间 Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 5:04 pm
Ahh, yes, it does work. Funny, I didn't even know about the feature in V3.4 and was always bitching to friends that this sucks, never bothered to ask.

It's not the best thing, but it works. Main problem is that since they changed that in V4.0, my DAC-3 mapping (I'm using DAC-3 mapper 2.0, i think) doesn't work with no_cbg.

And I'm not sure what Norway is saying about "better" sync in V4.0 - it doesn't work at all for me to start, it slowly catches up or slows down if the track is playing, just like having beatmatch turned on and starting the track.

发表时间 Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)