快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Question about "The Record Crate"

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

These 2 questions are about the “Record Crate” in VDJ 4.0 PRO

I have 2 scenarios that I want to know from experienced users if they are possible…

1) If you hit the column “Song Title” which will then sort the song titles in alphabetical order, then you leave that crate and come back to it, will it still remain sorted as you left it, or will you have to click the column title “Song Title” to sort every single time you are in the crate?

2) More important: Do I have the ability to move things in the crate and have them stay in that exact place if I just want one song after another one? In other words, they might not be next to each other by title or artist alphabetically, but I want to have them next to each other like I would in my real record crate (ex. An instrumental and a vocal of the same song)?

Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 5:07 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) it doesn't stay like you sort it. You will have to sort it every time you open VDJ. But this could be added into next update (if i am not wrong this was already asked in New featueres forum).

2) You even can't move songs like you wish in browser, but you can make your own playlist and load it when needed. And in playlist you can move every song at the position that you like and then save the playlist.

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:09 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1] no it will not keep the titles in order.
2] you can make playlist & move them anyway you want, but again they will not stay that way.

ALso don't forget to register youself.

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:16 pm
@Xeon,

Thanks for the response,

I noticed you said each time you go into VDJ it will not stay the same. What about just leaving a specific crate?

For instance, I am in a crate called "house music" I hit the top of the title column to order them, thn I leave that crate and got to "hip hop." Then I go back to the "house music" crate. Will it still be in the order I set from the last time I was in the "house music" crate?

Other than making a playlist, you are saying that I can't treat it like a real record crate in that if I want something moved and to stay it won't happen- dissappointing news here.

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:58 pm
No, it won't stay even if you don't close VDJ, but just leave folder.

Anyway did you try trial version? It is the same there. And you can write to New features forum again to wake up some opinions :))

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 7:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hoffman wrote :
Other than making a playlist, you are saying that I can't treat it like a real record crate in that if I want something moved and to stay it won't happen- dissappointing news here.

Well since your folders are usually representations of files in a folder on your hard drive. Then if you get creative with folders and naming conventions then you could have everything the way you want it. Big thing to remember is VDJ reads filenames (for now) as Artist - Title.ext so if you do something like

50 Cent - In Da Club (Acap).mp3
50 Cent - In Da Club (Instr).mp3
50 Cent - In Da Club (Mix).mp3
50 Cent - In Da Club (ReMix).mp3

Then when you sort things in that order using the Title Column they will always be in that order because of A I M R alphabetical order. So, just need to get creative.

cstoll

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 7:12 pm
Yes, that's true. You will get instrumentals and originals songs together.

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 7:16 pm
HI,

That is exactly what I was wondering if I HAD to do- I def know how to do that and would, but was hoping the program was able to overcome that issue. I would agree- for now I see myself, doing all of organizing as the names of the files in "my computer" and then just letting VDJ use it the exact same way.

Do you guys think a DJing program should allow you to just move tracks where you want (like real crates) despite its name, and then stay there throught the night and even the next time?

Just curious.

Thanks again.

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 7:56 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't know, I think that if I want that type of organization then that is on me to make it happen. Now if I could have an environment where I could utilize the Track # from the ID3 tags, then keeping things in order would be alot easier - which is coming. But still its my responsibility to adjust some property that the application could read.

cstoll

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 8:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)