快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: back to vdj3.4 for me!! [problem solved - back to 4.0 for basshead] :) - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

after 2 days of relentless config,i uninstall vdj4 and revert back to vdj3.4..my opinion is vdj wrote the software exclusively for the maya 44 soundcard,what's the deal with audiotrak do you guys have shares in that company?in the real world people use what they like,i use "motu ultralite & m-audio 410...
no matter what i do i can't config the card on the main output 1&2....i'll wait for 4.1 or 4.2 whatever it takes,soundcard config is a problem,don't need no tech help,i'm happy with the sound from 3.4 always did so i'm good!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:09 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The new version isn't even a week old, give the dev's a break dude...

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:11 pm
if VDJ4 was written for something, it wouldn't be maya ;) Maya is no longer made or sold.... Non excistent ;) But a good conspiracy theory is always fun... hehe

IF vdj was written for some card, that would be U46dj, but it aint written for one card..

Advanced config (that you might need for routing your card) will probably be added back in 4.1, as many seems to want it back...

Development did not stop at 4.0, and the feedbacks about what where missing will be taken into account, be sure... Dev Team are from the Vampire Clan.. They NEVER sleep ;)
No rest for the wicked.. ;)

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:16 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Norway, there hasn't been 1 time when i have come onto the forums where you havn't just made a wise post :D

Keep it up thanks!

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:19 pm
no need to "ring the alarm" dj norway,advice to dev team,give the next beta release to all reg pro users,all the bugs will surface in a week,no doubt!!!!!!

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:28 pm
forum is full of feedbacks about 4.0 already, and plenty of work for dev team.

Advanced configuration for soundcards have been brought up as something that needs attention, so hopefully 4.1 will work great with your soundcard too ;)

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:55 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Works perfectly with my E-MU 1616. Much better then before even.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:26 pm
Maya 44 is still made... it isn't made by Audiotrak anymore ... but E.S.I.

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=62

I have like 4 of them for 4 different computers.

I too have resorted back to version 3.4 until I have the chance to do further testing on my end with it..

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:18 pm
yeah... was reffering to Maya44 USB... no longer made

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:26 pm
Niems wrote :
The new version isn't even a week old, give the dev's a break dude...

I say let these guys have there bitch and go back to 3.4, it's thier loss afterall ;)

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:04 pm
it isn't bitching... it is feedback to our unique experience with our systems and configurations. If we are having problems getting it to work then it shall be resolved before actually using it with confidence in a professional work arena. I can't afford to have a situation were it crashes while I am getting paid for a gig somewhere. Some of you have a simple set up and not some of the more complex systems using TCV and Midi external mixers and doing an all video show. So please understand there are different needs for us from this very versitale software solution here called Virtual DJ.

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 1:16 am
Gotta agree with low-fat-al here.

The goal is to get a majority of the users to have a positive experience with the upgrade. Product growth is dependant on this, otherwise too many will badmouth it and it will get buried. My experience with 4.0 isn't favorable at the moment, as 3.4 left a better taste in my mouth even if i don't really use it.

I would definately use 3.4 before I would consider 4.0 at this point.

Who wants a PCDJ experience where thngs only continue to get worse?

Turn users off, and they'll turn you off too.

I was really hoping that 4.0 would be a better experience for video then it has been.

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:09 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
basshead- I have the motu-ultralite however havent upgraded to 4.0 yet. In 3.4 I had to make registry changes to get the motu to work. Thinking I may have to do the same here. I should get time later this week to toy with it. If I find a solution I will let you know. I also have the emu1616m however it lack all the inputs the motu has, so thats why I made the switch to motu.

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:43 am
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys,

hope some one will be able to provide me with some sort of assistance. I have pasted the following extract from what i sent the customer service people. Usually VDJ has always provided me really good customer sevice, but now sure what the delay has been this time.

I have toggled with all the performance settings and atleat spent 3hours trying to figure out what the problem is browsing forums, re-installing VDJ and drivers for Hercules! For the first time I'm really dissapointed with VDJ, but will be patient since it's been and still is a good product.

I'm faced with a big problem now unless someone can help me out here soon. The serious problem I have is that I cant adjust the EQ's(BASS, TREB, MID) through my headphones as when i adjust EQ's nothing happens through the headphones but only through the main output. For example if i KILL the BASS, its killed on the main out put but I can still hear the BASS through the headphones.

As the EQ's dont work through the headphones(for me anyway!!) Good headphone mixing has been impossible, therfore I had to re-install VDJ 3.4, but when i try to run the program it says install error, just like in the past. Therefore I suppose Customer service will have to provide me with a another download link to version 3.4 if they cant find n answer for the Problem I have with adjusting EQ's through the headphones.

In regard to the EQ problem. I updated my Hercules driver to the 2006 driver, then I tried going back to the Dj console MK1(old version) 2004 and 2005 drivers, but it does not resolve the problem for me.

Its very difficult for me to see what the problem is with VDJ 4 as I havent had the problems with crackling sound etc like other users in the forums speak of. Everything was just perfect with VDJ 4 except for the fact that i couldnt adjust the EQ's through the headphones when headphone mixing, Though i am able to hear the sound crystal clear!! Just cant figure out why the EQ's only get adjusted on the main output but not over the headphones.

I even tried re-installing VDJ 4 but it didnt make a difference.

Im using the Hercules DJ console MK1 to mix ( old version) and i have set the INPUT : none
OUTPUT: headphones
Soundcard: HErcules dj console

I dont think its a problem with the dj console as I was able to perfectly Headphone mix and adjust the EQ's via headphones with Version 3.4

Please provide me with a solution or some sort of feedback soon, as Im unable to use VDJ at all now!!!

i was unable to perform a set last weekend using VDJ because of this problem and really cant afford to miss another weekend using VDJ.

I hope someone will be able to help me out with VDJ 4, as thats the only thing i can run on till customer service provide me with a new installer for VDJ 3.4

Please help Im desperate!

Thnks alot in advance..

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:09 am
@idmk,

This may be a result of the design of the new sound engine, built from the ground up. I did notice the same. I'm sure the dev team is seeing all the feedback around the sound config options and will address them soon.

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:13 am
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Yeah I hope it'll be very soon!! After all this is supposed to be a product for Proffesionals! and minor things such as this EQ problem shouldnt be present!

I'm not taking anything away from the development teamof VDJ, It is a really good product, but in order to get the recognition that Traktor, Ableton have such errors must be avoided.

I wonder whats taking them soo long, atleast if they can provide me with a another installer for VDJ 3.4 till they sort out all this problems.

I have absolutley no idea why the VDJ 3.4 install program which i saved on my hard disk is bringing up an "install error message"

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:25 am
SiDHEaDPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
I know its a bit late now, but its always a good idea to take a copy of a preupgraded folder.

Infact in this case all you needed to do was copy the v3.4 .exe file. I have 3.4 and 4 running in the same folder at the moment.

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:47 am
ok "funnybonz",if you find a work around for the "motu ultralite" that works with vdj4 plse post asap!
also"dj norway"how soon can the dev team put out a fix forsound card config?i'ave been using vdj since
day one,don't want to stop now....

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:34 pm
low-fat-al wrote :
it isn't bitching... it is feedback to our unique experience with our systems and configurations.

Sorry but I disagree. Feedback is posting a polite message or even a pm to explain the problem and then working with one of the team for a solution. Posting a message titled, and I quote "back to vdj3.4 for me!!" is simply bitching. He is making the point that he's not happy with v4, but does he want tech help? No! Has he given much detail to his problem? No. He's not interested in getting it working, he simply wants to tell people that it's not good enough for him to use, i.e. bitching. When you think how long the dev team have spent on this, it's a bit of an insult, especially when people would happily help him.

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:06 pm
basshead wrote :

also"dj norway"how soon can the dev team put out a fix forsound card config?i'ave been using vdj since
day one,don't want to stop now....

VERY soon. Fixing the most common things people miss or are frustrated about is high priority for a soon 4.1 fix release.

发表时间 Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:09 pm
59%