快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: The sound configuration...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok, I have spent countless hours trying to play with VDJ and the audio... trying to get the awesome sound everyone says it's capable of....

Well I think I've come as close as I'm gonna get with this setup.

My current configuration is set to use the onboard AC97 audio.
It sounds best in this configuration...

Inputs: none
Outputs: Single
Soundcard(s): Simple Low Latency

But guess what, I want to use headphones too! When I set Outputs to headphones, my audio level drops to less than half the output of the Single level

It seems that when I stray from the simple low latency single output, I loose any sound quality. The audio begins to break up, distort, and click.

Why is it that the options are so limited?

How can this be considered Pro Grade when you can't manually setup 2 cards to work properly.

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:55 pm
MusicalMadness wrote :
Ok, I have spent countless hours trying to play with VDJ and the audio... trying to get the awesome sound everyone says it's capable of....

Well I think I've come as close as I'm gonna get with this setup.

My current configuration is set to use the onboard AC97 audio.
It sounds best in this configuration...

Inputs: none
Outputs: Single
Soundcard(s): Simple Low Latency

But guess what, I want to use headphones too! When I set Outputs to headphones, my audio level drops to less than half the output of the Single level

It seems that when I stray from the simple low latency single output, I loose any sound quality. The audio begins to break up, distort, and click.

Why is it that the options are so limited?[

How can this be considered Pro Grade when you can't manually setup 2 cards to work properly.

"low latency single output" = WDM/KS - kernel mode

To use the low latency Single level output be sure that the driver you use for the AC97 have the WDM/KS mode.

Most of AC97 drivers are incompatible with the WDM/KS KERNEL mode.

And it's not the fault of VirtualDJ4.

Not all audio drivers support ASIo or WDM/KS streaming.

If you want audio quality with a DJ software forget "AC97" or other built onboard AC97 audio..

Buy a Card with MME, WDM/KS and ASIO drivers.

Take a look at E-MU soundcard for example. (cheap and very good)

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:35 pm
Well let's put it this way then...

The AC97 audio card isn't even my default audio card in windows. The Waveterminal 197 is. I use the AC97 card with my other audio application without error.

Why is it that in the outputs = headphones, and soundcards = 2 cards, that it happens to use the AC97 card? And my wave terminal card? And my Echo 3G card.... What?

I've not selected the Echo card at all, so why is it even in the mix?

It's my opinion the multiple output settings are messed up, as I haven't made a change to my hardware configuration, yet it works just fine outside VDJ4.

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:45 pm
MusicalMadness wrote :
Well let's put it this way then...

The AC97 audio card isn't even my default audio card in windows. The Waveterminal 197 is. I use the AC97 card with my other audio application without error.

Why is it that in the outputs = headphones, and soundcards = 2 cards, that it happens to use the AC97 card? And my wave terminal card? And my Echo 3G card.... What?

I've not selected the Echo card at all, so why is it even in the mix?

It's my opinion the multiple output settings are messed up, as I haven't made a change to my hardware configuration, yet it works just fine outside VDJ4.

Yes, i'm agree with you. It would be nice to have a pro audio settings selector in soundcard config with :

_ AUDIO resolution settings 16 bits, 24bits - 44,48,96,192 KHZ
_ all inputs/outputs real name of all audiocards installed. (all WDM/KS outputs, all MME ouputs all asio OUTPUTS available)

But it's not the case. and why using a AC97 if tou have already a pro audiocard. the waveterminal have several outputs.

I've a Waveterminal 192X and only Asio/MME mode work correctly with VirtualDJ4 (with the mastertempo set to fast (equal to 3.4 MAstertempo) and a buffer of 512 on a powerfull PC)

Nut even if the Weveterminal 192 is WDM/KS too, the low level latency in VirtualDJ 4 doesn't work !

but use ASIO ! it's better !

Yes, audio settings have to be improved....

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 10:12 pm
markPRO InfinityMember since 2004
musicalmadness I have had the same problem.
Sadly i did a system restore and have gone back to vdj3.4. ( which works fine with my two cards )
I use an external sound card for my main output and use the internal ac97 for headphones. I altered all sorts of options in vdj4 but still got crackles and pops through the headphones. Now interestingly i swapped the soundcards round so the internal ac97 card was the main output and my external soundblaster card as my headphones. Guess what the output on the ac97 was fine but the external headphone card had crackles. It seems it uses all its resources for its main output and uses the dregs left over to sort your headphone sound.....Bad programming. Numark will surely get hassles with this ??

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:37 am
mark wrote :
Numark will surely get hassles with this ??

I don't think that's true because numark is not selling there stuff with some ac97 soundcard or two different sets of cards. I think trying to run vdj like that is just asking for trouble and furthermore, you'll get old very fast trying to figure out what's wrong. a good solution is to get a u46dj. it's recommended.

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:41 pm
The answer to all your problems it quite simple. The AC97 has to go. Using it is like entering an F1 race with a VW Bug. Unless it's Herbie, your gonna lose.

In 3.4 I used my AC97 as a single output card for the left deck and my Sound Blaster Audigy as single output card for the right. I then used my mixer channels to cue to the headphones. Sadly this setup doesn't work with 4.0 because the software sends more quality than the AC97 can handle. I ended up switching to a stereo Y cable and running just off the Sound Blaster with a mono signal for each deck on each channel. The results are god sent. I had a Pair of Mackie 1521z speakers that I thought were a little beat up. Well they weren't. The sound they were feed from 3.4 was dirty... 4.0 rocks!

Mat

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:06 pm
Hey can anybody explain wats the difference when you play with or without ac97...can you used another output that's better?

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 9:36 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Ac97 is a sound codec variation chip that has been changed many times (from 2 channels to todays 7.1 on motherboards) and it is for home use only on 5.1 speakers or stereo. It is not a proffessional sound card and I don't suggest using it with VDJ. Sound Blaster Live is the cheapest sound card that can be used or some better like Audigy 2, Maya 44 or Esi U46DJ.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:02 am
First, I have already stated my preference in using the AC97 interface. I cannot use my pro grade cards with my remote control, or my Light jockey audio analyser! Both are critical in my application.

Secondly, IMO, there is no excuss for a software assigning itself to use 1 or even 2 audio devices, but using all that are available. I should not be getting sound from a 3rd unassigned device. The AC97 is not my default card. I have even assigned just the other 2, and it still plays out over the AC97 card.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:47 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)