快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: 4.0 review - not used VDJ in 7 months

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I thought it might be of some value for others to state what I think of the new VDJ 4.0

I'm a programmer, and only a bedroom dj (for full disclosure) and I havent played with VDJ and my MK2 for months. Just not in the mood.

I still keep up what's going on with many things. Addicted to information (all hail the net!) It also makes me a good programmer... and a little nerdish, and... oh well, not relevant.

So I downloaded and installed 4.0 on my system today
Specs: P4, 1gig ram, gigs of disc space)

Whereas I was often getting stuttering with 3.4 (hey, my system is full of development and music/video tools. It's not designed to run DJ software specifically) But with 4.0 I seemed to get no stuttering at all. I'll listen to the recording tomorrow and if there is any I'll post back.

I've studied User Interface design for over a dozen years (geek bragging) and I have to say *I* think the new skin is much better and even a little easer to view the data. I used the proffesional version of the skin.

Basically, to make this review short. I liked it. Easy and fun, and yet I can see how someone could use it and two controllers (I have the MK2, which is fun, but not REALLY professional) and this software could really run gigs nicely.

Thanks team.
James Rose
New York City

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:00 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm sure the Dev team will appreciate your review, they have worked very hard on this upgrade.
and from the Beta Tester's side.....Thank You

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:16 am
u are right James Rose

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:38 am
Well, Im right for MY perspective. That wont mean Im right for everyone. I simply want to state the reasons and how I use the product. (fair is fair, and all that)

Peace,
James Rose
New York City

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:04 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am not a person easily impressed, but I have to say that I am IMPRESSED with v.4! It's light years ahead of 3.4. Interface is very pleasent and well thought of, sound quality is awesome, and the feature set is unbeatable. AMAZING WORK GUYS!

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:15 am
I listened to my quick 1 hour set that I recorded last night. While there are some issues with the set they are all based on what *I* did, not the software. Again, I'm very happy with the new versions sound engine, and more importantly to me, the performance.

Thanks again dev team.

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:25 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)