快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: PreSonus FIREBOX Sound card

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Has anyone tried using a PreSonus FIREBOX sound card with VDJ, and if so, does it work ?

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:02 pm
hoffman loves it, and I'm pickin one up one tomorrow

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 3:39 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DO IT!!

works flawlessly- sounds great, pro piece.

stop with this U46DJ stuff (no support, could conflict with USB, internet only, etc. etc. etc.)

Firebox is it.

I promise you.

B

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 4:06 am
see, i told you he does

by the way, hoffman, do you use an external controller?

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 6:46 am
At both clubs I use Pioneer CD players (MK3).

TCCD.

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 12:59 pm

On laptops, Hoffman is right..
A firewire soundcard will generally have far less problems than USB cards. Specially on laptops

But it only has one line-in right?
So no good for timecode users that use two turntables, or cd players

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 7:32 pm
Yes, Lappy XPS

My Presonus Firebox which I use with TCCD and pioneer players has 4 line ins (for 2 cd players or 2 TT's) and 6 line outs. All 1/4 inch studio quality casing, sound and support. Connects to lappy firewire 400 not a problem.

That's all I need.

B

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 12:12 am

This one??

Wanna know what card you use, as it might become one I'd recommend...

A bit tired of usb issues users have ;) hehe

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 12:45 am
Here's a funny (but sad) story...

When I first went to Guitar Center to look for the U46DJ or gigaport or whatever else was mentioned all over these boards- of course they did not have either nor did they hear of them (they are are a pro line store).

My friend there showed me the Firebox- I asked "does it have 4 lines in (for 2 CD) and at least 4 lines out (to go to mixer)- he said yes, but 2 were on the front (you can see the pict).

I said- no I want them all in the same place- got the U46DJ, (as you know returned it quickly with problemas), ended up with the Firebox (the front 2 are lines in) the 2 in the back are lines in and the back has the 4 lines out.

Perfect.

I could have just gotten it 2 weeks earlier if I had listened to him.

I truly hope you do rec this piece- people can get it locally, they can ask for help at the store, the guy at PRESONUS walked me through downloading a driver. and it sounds sick!!!

This would be more of the type of piece I could see VDJ sellling with the software.

:-)

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 5:05 am
Hoffman,

Can you post how you connected the firebox with the TT's and mixer? i was also interested in purchasing it to go along with VDJ once I go that route but wanted to make sure that it would really works with TCCD's.

I'm assuming you're using a Y cable (L/R RCA to 1/4 jack) to connecct your TT's into the 3/4 Line-ins on the back? Can this also be done with the front line-in's?

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 8:31 am

Hmmm... interesting..

Can you use the two mic/instrument inputs in front to connect cd/turntables with timecode???
Did not know that... Thought it would have some "amp/gain" feature that would make it work bad..

Good to hear it works great, one more card on the list of goodies card ;) thanx Hoffman

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 10:56 am
I Use TCCD not vinyl...

Refering to Norway's awesome picture above.

Do you see those 2 inputs on the frint? They are actually, Line/mic inputs with for 1/4 inch plugs.

What makes them different is there are volumes on the front for them as opposed to the back ones. The back are controlled through the card's mixer if someone were to need to adjust volumes.

Either way, they all stay at ZERO and aren't even touched in any way.

So I use the front inputs for my LEFT Pioneer CD, the back 2 inputs for RIGHT Pioneer CD, and the 4 outs to go to line 1 and line 2 on my nmixer.

Hope this helps.

Just remember to go to their website after you buy it and download the NEWEST Driver.

you'll be happy.

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 12:56 pm
thanx for the reply. One more question though, you say you use BOTH front inputs for 1 cd player and BOTH rear inputs for the other. I take it each input is mono? So are you using some kind of an rca to 1/4 jack adapter for the left and right channel coming out from the poineers?

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 8:51 pm
Yep-

I bought cables that have rca on one end and 1/4" on the other.

The rca left and right comes from the Pioneer CD and goes to the front of the firebox 1&2.

The left and right from the other Pioneer cd goes to back of firebox 3 & 4 in.

Hope this helps.

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 11:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kool know what to ask for xmas then lol

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 11:51 pm
how do I go from VDJ professional edition user to Experienced Professional User status?

:-)

发表时间 Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 12:59 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Time, and the amount of users you help on the forums
Staying on Topic with the Post Helps too ;)

发表时间 Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 1:10 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
;)

发表时间 Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 11:51 am
Hoffman: I purchased the laptop (i'll call ya)! and picked up the firebox yesterday. I havent hooked it up yet, but i wonder...could we use a tip-ring-sleve 1/4 inch and make EACH channel on the firebox stereo? That seems to make sense. Then there would be enough channels to pen up and use seprate mixer channels to regulate the levels of, say, samples. What do you think?

发表时间 Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 12:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)