快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ 4.0 - Questions???

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Thanks to the VDJ team for this FREE upgrade!

I know that many users have experienced issues, but don't worry, I'm certain that the VDJ team will address all our issues and concerns. In due time, we will achieve mastery of VDJ 4.0.

I know that the team is probably busy so I ask the members to answer two quick questions:

1) How can I set a cue point and return back to the same cue point?
VDJ 4.0 goes back to cue point 1 instead of cue point selected.

2) Why when I play a video in the left deck it shows up in the bottom right? This happens when two videos are loaded. I think that the video on the right should show up in the right and the one on the left should show up on the left.
Any ideas?

Once again thanks to the VDJ team for an outstanding contribution.

All we need now is an updated dac 3 mapper..

The Premier DJ Jose

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:55 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,

JOSETHEDJ wrote :

Are you using a keyboard shortcut? Check list under "Settings > Keyboard shortcuts" and create a function goto_cue(*) with * (value) being the cue number. Define it for each cue you want to return to, I for example use ctrl+1 to set a cue and than just 1 to return (& play) to it.

Hope that answers your question?

JOSETHEDJ wrote :
2) Why when I play a video in the left deck it shows up in the bottom right? This happens when two videos are loaded. I think that the video on the right should show up in the right and the one on the left should show up on the left.
Any ideas?

No ideas, just checked and it works ok for me.

Regards.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:23 pm
I simply want to select a cue point and cue back to that same cue point when I hit cue with my dac 3. Right now if you selct cue 3 and hit cue, it goes back to cue 1. NO GOOD.

As for the video... Please load two videos (one on each deck) Check out the preview windows. Does the video in deck 1 (left) show up in left preview? Mix the vides and tell me if you're experiencing what I'm experiencing. I love this new preview window. They look great. The videos look sharp. I just wish that they would show up properly. The right deck preview on the right preview window and vise versa.

Jose

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:31 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
JOSETHEDJ wrote :
Thanks to the VDJ team for this FREE upgrade!

All we need now is an updated dac 3 mapper..

Mapper for dac3 is on the way.. (by jpboggis)
Left video on right preview, can't be true..
About the cue and other commands, you know you can assign anything in skin buttons and keyboard shortcuts.
To return to last cue with the new skin use the pause button, actually it is pause/stop
Press once does pause, press again it does cycle the cue points...
So you need a stop button. Modify the skin or use another if you dont like it this way.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:44 pm
JOSETHEDJ wrote :
I simply want to select a cue point and cue back to that same cue point when I hit cue with my dac 3. Right now if you selct cue 3 and hit cue, it goes back to cue 1. NO GOOD.

Ok so that's a DAC3-hardware mapper issue. As apopis wrote, it's being done.

As for the video: I checked and the left deck video shows on the left preview window, right on the right. So no problems here. I did some mixing and they also show up properly in the main window. Did you install v4 over the v3.4? I'm not sure what the issue could be. Try posting some screenshots.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:49 pm
I'll keep trying.

Jose

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:04 pm
Hola,
Seeing as we're on the subject of the awesome upgrade, I was wondering if anyone know's why when I "right click" the "synchronize" tab the track doesn't start playing like it always used to on the previous version?
I have had a couple of mixes go completely wrong because I was used to a quick right click to get the track going and in sync.
Also where can I purchse a "DJ Licence" as I have done a couple of remixes that (so i've been told) are really really good, I do not want to get in trouble with anyone concerning the copyright laws, so your help and advice will be mucho appreciated.
Regards,
Carlos.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:29 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Right button on pause goes on first beat as it was before on stop and left mouse cycles thru cue points.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:35 pm
carlos3502 wrote :
Also where can I purchse a "DJ Licence" as I have done a couple of remixes that (so i've been told) are really really good, I do not want to get in trouble with anyone concerning the copyright laws, so your help and advice will be mucho appreciated.
Regards,
Carlos.

No DJ licence gives you the right to remix a song. In order to do so legally you'll have to contact the original author or his record company. Mixes (i.e. mixed CDs) on the other hand require author's permission for an official release.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:05 pm
Back to the issue:

The DAC 3 works with the cue button. Thanks for the help.

Now, here's the interesting part, with my nvidia XFX 7800 gtx I get the reversed video issue, but with my ATI X800 video card, everything is the way it should be.

Time to upgrade or try different nvidia drivers.

Thanks everyone.

Jose

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:01 pm
are there any Video Demos anywhere other than the one from an old expo?

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:10 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)