快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Video Format question....

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi all,

I am testing out VDJ and have a question about file format for video. I ultimately would like to have all my videos and mp3's in folders on my hardrive to use with VDJ. If I extract a music video from a Promo Only DVD or something similar, it looks and sounds great (the format is .vob). It takes up A LOT of room on the hard drive (1 video could be about 240 mb). Even with 400-500 gigs of space this size for videos is too big.

My question is...

1) What other format is recommended to convert the .vob videos, that would still play perfectly in VDJ and look the same or better as a .vob file?

2) I was thinking of trying to convert to other things such as DiVx or Mpegs. Any suggestions for file type and a good converter to do it with?

3) Will I see a considerable decrease in size of the file, so I can fit them on my hard drive?

Thanks!!!!

B

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:40 am
just curious what are you using to rip the promo only dvd's? Are you changing the sample rate of the audio?

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 9:50 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for your response:

I am using the easiest thing I have found so far: it comes with Numark Cue (A.K.A. Virtual DJ) called RIp DVD!

I did not touch any sample rates.

Are you able to help my q or where you just wondering how to do it?

B

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:14 am
To answer the second question first, I find smartripper is great for Promo Only, just set it to split by chapter, you can also do it with dvddecrypter, again set it to split files by chapter.

The first question has been covered in here many times, use the search option. Personally I use DivX, weapon of choice is Dr DivX. I convert the vobs to a very high quality and use 192 k mp3 setting for the audio. My files end up at about half the size of the vob file (somewhere around 90 to 110 meg) The reason for using so little compression is that if you compress more, come the time you want to project the video, you can get some pixellation. I've also used mpeg and that works very nicely too.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:10 pm
With VDJ 4 there is no need to change the audio to 44.1 THANK GOD will save me tons of work next month!!!!!! Two thumbs up Atomix!!!

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)