快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: NEW BPM Detection Software - Page: 5

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

My program (with instructions on use) is now available for download on the Effects Plugins page :)

Cheers, macourteau

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 1:07 pm
btw,

does anybody have knowledge of the stucture of the old version 1 database (it's binary)? with a c-style struct record i would adapt my php script to change the database of vdj 1.09.

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 3:24 pm
Interpreter

You can have it on download vdj 1.08 demo aviable on our website.

How do you know the vdj 2.0 new database ?

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 3:34 pm
quote "Privacy Support"
> You can have it on download vdj 1.08 demo aviable on our website.
> How do you know the vdj 2.0 new database ?

it's simple but if you believe me?
i am owning a hercules dj console and running the "OEM" vdj 1.09.
my friend is owning a studio with many hard/software and vdj2. but his
friendship isn't much enough to give me the copy. so an my laptop is
still the vdj 1.09 version (why do you think i want to repair a old
database version if i'm owning a new version?)

because i thought i can change the database if atomix give me
knowledge of the structure of the vdj version 1.09 (read my unreplied
question on http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4516 ), he
bet i am not able to fix the bpm values (because he have the structure,
but no ideas for the meaning of the bpm value n=60*44100/BPM). so i won,
2 beer in pub while CZE vs. DEN. he won more, a fixed database.
the script had taken me 2 hours of time but i thought it is useful to
post here.

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 4:38 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
has anyone had success with the new windows app.....

I followedd all the instructions but i'm getting bpm readings like 145253 and 190289

Not sure whats going on....

I have .Net framework installed and all the processes are running without errors so I'm really not sure what can be the problem.

Anyone with any Idea's

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 6:40 pm
That's weird... Everything works fine here, and it gives me (at last) the right BPM's...

I'm currently working on a few fixes to make it easier to use. Maybe the new version will work better, and be a little less confusing to use (lol...)

Regards, macourteau

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 6:43 pm
Thanks to macourteau for his work!

Unfortunately the program doesn't work for me, after clicking on "Update Database" it says "Please wait while starting..." and nothing happens (waited some minutes; machine is PIV, 2.6 GHZ, 512MB RAM). The .net Framework is installed, other .net-apps are running fine.

Any hint?

Regards,
Doc Stega

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 7:59 pm
I know some people are having problems with the app. I'm working on a fix now with some of them, so hopefully I will have an update ready soon.

I will post here when the update is available. Thanks for your patience :)

Regards, macourteau

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 8:08 pm
So then: Good luck :-)

(keen on getting correct BPM values for all songs ;-))

cu, Doc Stega

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 8:15 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
We are currently working to fix the app so the link has been removed and it is no longer available in the add ons section. It will return after some changes and testing. Thxs to Speedland and DJ-In-Norway for helping with the beta testing and coding help.

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 9:04 pm
macourteau:

didn't try your app (and don't know about your algorithm), but with my php script i have the following expierence:
my algorithm is as follows:
"for each scanned mixmeister bpm change the vdj bpm value if the filename is foobar.mp3 " (where foobar.mp3 is taken from mixmeister file)
for xpath.php xml query language this means the xml tree is rebuild for each entry.
so for my distributed 6/6 (vdj entries/mixmeister bpm entries) it's fast. 50/200 needs memory. 200/200 needs mem + cputime.
the solution maybe (i think the problems will be with LARGE databases):
cut the database into 250 record-records, and process only 50 mixmeister records -> write temporarly database -> flush memory -> reread-> begin.

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 11:01 pm
The updated-and-much-fixed application is now available in the effects plugins section. The application runs quite fast.

There should be no bugs, but if you happen to find any, please post the error message here.

Cheers, macourteau

@interpreter: I used a technique similar to what you describe, but all the XML is managed by the .NET Framework, so the application is very fast (the entire tree doesn't get rebuilt every time, so there is no need to divide it in smaller parts).

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 11:46 pm
congratulation!!! and thanx a lot for a really great application!!!

this will make managing my music collection and finding right bpm's a lot better and easier!!! thanx a lot!!!

dj-in-norway

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 11:51 pm
Just ran some simple tests and it seems great ! I will be using VDJ at the bar this weekend I will let you know how that goes. Reccomendations is to do what I did. Fully re scan with VDJ extended analysis and then scan all files with mixmeister app. Then run the updater for a solid database. Remember to backup.

发表时间 Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 5:24 am
great u guys this is really great

this turned from a nice find by dj nawtboy to the best improvment vdj ever got

and macourteau u just made it all possible with ur little application
i spin all kinds of music but i enjoy hip hop r&b the most and it just got better

cheeeeeers and happy mixing

dj smokey

one little question????? if i update my data base by segments would that still work ????

发表时间 Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 5:34 am
Many thanks to everyone but we cannot forget the development team who implemented the xml version of the database in 2.0 :)

发表时间 Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 6:24 am
true

发表时间 Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 7:40 am
Yes... many thantks go to the Dev Team also... :D

macourteau

发表时间 Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 11:31 am
updater is not working on my machine!!!!app is not starting!system:winxp-home amd 3000 msi motherboard!

发表时间 Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 1:16 pm
[:O)

Just wanted to have the pleasure of making the 100'th post in probably the most popular thread in this forum !

[:O)

Also would like to see the answer to this question :

"one little question????? if i update my data base by segments would that still work ????"

发表时间 Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 1:30 pm
71%