快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: NEW BPM Detection Software - Page: 3

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm VERY interessted in windows app!!! very.... as u say, the other solution is not the easiest thing.... :)

thing many of would like to see your app, macourteau... please continue... :)

also very interessted in seeing kabensa's database reader finished... maybe u could join forces, make a really good app :)

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 7:47 pm
Alright then I'll continue working on it... I should have something soon (within a few days), but as for all my other projects, I also have a job, so I'm making no promises as for WHEN it will be ready...

macourteau

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 7:50 pm
as always macourteau , take your time :)

and really, THANX a lot for all your great work!! :)

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 7:54 pm
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
macourteau : good idea :D

If you have a problem you can contact me.

Gwenn

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 7:56 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Windows app would be great!!!!!

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 8:03 pm
I will maybe need help with XML Parsing... I'm working in C#.NET. The graphical interface is now complete, and all the functions that handle the interface are completed. I now have to do the (important) part: process the two files... lol

Any ideas as to where to start? (P.S.: you can add me to your MSN's (my email is in my profile). Sadly, there are tech problems with the MSN servers and I was logged out. I will be back online as soon as I can connect again.)

macourteau

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 8:21 pm
sad interpreter is a demo user... no email on him.
he should be able to help u on this...
(thanx interpreter for your initiative by the way!!)

maybe he will return to forum, or others can help

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 8:24 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can probably help you with XML parsing in C#. I will only need the software project requirements and specification first :).

Just kidding, but I will need a little additional background on what we are parsing and what we are doing with parsed values. If you can post the code you have so far, that would be very helpful.

Keep in mind, though, people will need .Net framework on their computers to run a C# app. Maybe, a VB6 application would be more deployment-friendly.

Thanx.

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 9:41 pm
As a matter of fact, I spent some time on MSDN and I did a few searches on Google, and I found how to parse the XML file... :D

I have completed the application (it's currently under testing to make sure everything works properly). However, before I post it here I will add a function that updates the database with the new file sizes (since the MixMeister application changes the size of approx. 30% (according to dj-in-norway ;)) of the files by adding the id3tag).

I know my code will require the users to have the .NET Framework installed, but it's becoming more and more common for applications to need it (and, it's an update on the Windows Update page...).

Cheers, macourteau

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 11:34 pm
I too am very interested in the WIndows App. The PHP solution is confusing. Maybe someone can explain:

-----------------
5) download http://hal9000.drehmoment.org/vdj.zip put the files in the
phpxpath sourcetree
6) copy foo.txt and the VirtualDJ Databese.xml as bar.xml in the
phpxpath sourcetree

^=== Does "in the phpxpath sourcetree" mean just put the files in the same folder with all the php stuff ?

7) start db.php it will write test.xml which contains your updated
database

^=== "start db.php" And how would you do this ? .php is not associated with any application on my computer.

One more thing: I sure wish MixMeister had an option to only output the results and not modify the .mp3 file. I hate anything touching my .mp3 files ! DJ-In-Norway, I thought U told me there was a way for MixMeister to not touch the .mp3, I can't find it !!.... any .mp3 that MixMeister analyzes it will go ahead and mod the .mp3 file.

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 2:00 am
@macourteau

Can you make your function to update the vDJ db with the changed file size OPTIONAL ?

Some of us may copy our entire library to another HDD, do the work then move the vDJ db back to the original drive...

Although, I suppose it may be a little pain in the butt to go through that routine for every new song that you get in the future.

Just a thought. Thx

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 2:05 am
Atomix, what are your thoughts on these new proggies ?

I agree it would be great to see a relationship forged for vDJ's 2.01 release [:o)

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 2:07 am
digijoc-Mele....

macourteau made the perfect solution...
it will update vdj database with both bpm AND the new filesize... so everything stays there (comments, cue etc)

its amazing!!!!!

he will post when tested by vdj team ...

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 2:13 am
Indeed, I will not make the 'new filesize' an option. I double checked, and the filesize my program sets in the databases is the SAME one that VDJ uses, so nothing should be lost... And anyway my program makes a backup of the database before replacing it, so if anything goes wrong, you can use the 'old' unmodified database again... :)

Cheers, macourteau

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 2:18 am
WOW.....I never thought this message string would stir up this much excitement!!!

I feel like I am checking back every 15 minutes to see what's new!!!

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 3:06 am
Here's a temporary link to the file on my home computer:

We are working on a fix for this program, so we have removed it from the add ons

Please note that my home computer can handle only very few requests at a time, so please do not post here if you get an error while trying to download it.

INSTRUCTIONS ON USE:
1) Run the MixMeister tool, and export to .txt file;
2) Load my program in the .zip file;
3) Find the paths to the MixMeister file, and your current VDJ Database (boxes 1 and 2);
4) Enter a new file name (3rd box) for the new database (the updated one);
5) Click on the 1st button ("Update Database"). This WILL NOT overwrite your current database;
6) If you want to automatically 'overwrite' the database, click on the button ("Backup and replace Database"), which will create a backup of your current database, and it will replace the database with the new one.

Have fun, and please report any bugs here,

Regards, macourteau

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 3:21 am
thanx macourteau!!!!! awesome of u!!! thanx for making this app...

thanx nawtboy too :)

I did not see the possibilities of an exported txt file with bpm before now.... its a great tool, with this awesome updater that macourteau made...

nice find nawtboy

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 3:27 am
:) I hope this works fine for everybody; it worked perfectly here...

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 3:29 am
OMG......This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank u so much!!!!!

How about that user level upgrade now!!!!

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 3:45 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have tried to download and its been successfull but.... I get inilitialization error.???

NAWTBOY is now a member :)

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 5:31 am
43%