快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Virtual DJ with aac+

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

LeryanHome userMember since 2005
Does it work, how? Im thinking of ripping all of my mp3-s to aac+...

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 12:02 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Already asked in the "New Features" forum by me, with no answers.

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 12:18 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It could work if you have the correct codecs, but nothing is better than mp3, for space, quality and support by any multimedia player.

And using aac+ codec to re-encode all your mp3, wouldn't make their quality any better, you would need the original wave files to get better quality.

Stick with mp3 or wave that's the best thing to do.

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 12:24 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Don't transcode... unless maybe you have really high bitrate MP3s, like 320kb/s. For it to be worth it, you ought to get your files from original source (i.e. CDs, wav files, lossless)

I've encoded all my lossless material into 48kb/s AAC+ (using the free nero encoder) and at first, it sounded terrible in virtual DJ. VDJ uses the quicktime general decoder by default, but if you install the proper codecs, (it's in the KLite pack, IIRC), you can set the extension settings to use Windows Media player general audio decoder, and it will sound proper.

As long as it's set up right, and I have the right codecs installed, VDJ plays my 48 kb/s AAC files and it sounds terrific! It's a great codec, but it's been a complicated one to get going... Nero's new encoder makes it much easier now to encode though, thankfully.

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 2:46 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
New sound engine coming out with ver 4, which will have better quality. Maybe you should wait a few more weeks

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 1:11 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, I wasn't really talking about AAC+ files, but AAC+ streaming, which is more intelligent. I already know everything you said before about AAC+ and MP3, but that isn't valid for the radio: this way the quality is still good, but uses less bandwidth. Take a tour on http://www.di.fm for example! They use a 24Kbps AAC+ streaming, which sounds as good as 96Kbps MP3 streaming, but uses 4 times less bandwidth, and is suitable for my 56Kbps modem, without lags.

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 1:31 pm
I just did what supacon said and i have a problem, i can load and listen to aac files, but i cant load the same song on both decks! Can U?

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 10:36 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Weird... I've never noticed a problem with that.

This even happens if you wait for the first song to load completely first, and then try putting it in the second deck?

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 9:11 pm
Yea, same thing happens, i guess the codecs are not so stable...

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 6:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)