话题: Digitized Scratching and Distorted Sound

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
OK I have a few problems

I have the Hercules DJ console hook up to two Numark CDX CDDJ Turntables
the Console is then hooked up to a Numark External Mixer then to an Amp

I am using a Dell Latitude D620 with a DUO Core 1.7GHz

Here are the problems I am having:

1) Scratching with the Time Coded CDs sounds Garbled...
it sounds ok with the DJ console but the Time Coded control
Works fine but when you scratch it sounds digitized

2) When I use the Numark as an external source (press the audio source on the DJ console)
The Direct output from the CD player sounds distorted. If I bypass the
DJ console it sounds fine.

发表时间 Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 4:03 am
i have same problem with TCV but the hercules is known to have bad buffer and latency times. i would recommend a new soundcard like maya44 or esi u46dj.

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 1:50 am
Any idea on the distored audio when I am just simply passing the audio trough from the CD player with
no time code??

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:37 am
Its probably due to the missing volume slider for inputs in the Hercules console, so your output from your CD decks are too loud.

First all all, make sure the switch on the backside on the console is set to LINE IN, and not PHONO IN.

If its still too loud, see if there is a way to lower the output from your CD decks (gain knob on the backside). If not, your out of luck...
Unfortunately the MK2 is a great starter soundcard/controller, but lacks a bit at the timecode connection end...

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 8:39 am
it must me the volume because I connectted my ipod directlys and it sounds fine.
The Numark CDX doesn't have an output volume.... How about the gain controll on VDJ itself?

Thanks,

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 3:15 pm
I like the fact that I can use my FXs and and Loops directly from the HDJC
So I don't want to get rid of it unless there's something better for remote controll

Can I use an external soundcard and the HDJC? Will other sound cards allow me to directly play
output from the sources like the HDJC does?

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 3:21 pm
yes, you can use the Hercules as a controller only, and have say Maya or U46dj for soundcard input AND output.. Works great;)

Problem with the Hercules is just that it lacks volume level for the inputs.
You can try to adjust the gain inside VDJ timecode setup, but doubt it will help...
Worth a try...
But probably your CD decks play too loud for the soundcard input, making it sound distorted.
And same goes for timecode... making it works less good. Making scratch sound worse than it should etc.. (not 100% timecode quality, because sound is too loud)

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 5:49 pm
I am fairly new to timecode with herc mk2 in vdj (just about 3 weeks) and I'm loving it. I use a pair of numark axis 9s and a numark mixer with the mk2 as soundcard and additional control surface. My cd players sound fine when connected through the mk2 but I don't use that configuration. What I do is use y splitters from my cd decks, one stereo connection to the mk2 for timecode and one stereo connection to the analog mixer. For this to work efficiently (and ergonomically) you should connect both the analog output from the cd deck and the output from the mk2 to the same channel on the external mixer (lines 1 and 2). Your mixer should be able to use two line inputs in the same channel. You would do the same for the second deck on a different channel. I wish I had a diagram to show this without so many words.

With this configuration, you can manage your levels for vdj + external audio from your external mixer.

I think the mk2 is a very good product and I use it the scratch and mix in conjuction with external mixer and I only get a digitized sound when either scratching very fast or very slow, but it is quite good.

发表时间 Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 12:12 am

发表时间 Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 12:28 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)