话题: I'd like suggestions on my new 1280 Skin - "Video Vision" - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 2:28 am
I'll check it, thanks.

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 2:42 am
Any comments manquin_dj? Or others?

BTW, that blue area on the right was just me being lazy... that won't be there in the final version, although I'm still not sure what color the background should be. I originally had that blue color, then used a much darker blue, kinda brushed steel background... you can hardly see it anyways, so that's a moot point.

发表时间 Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 1:30 pm
You are working great with this new video vision skin lol , this kind of skins are that I like more, since if you are using keyboard and mouse you have space to select buttons, because if you make the skin too crowded sometimes you push anothe button that is very close or too small, colors look well the yellow bars and buttons, the by pass button for tcvs.. you could make a mix between black & blue in the explorer section since in contrast with files names are more understandable, congratulations you are doing a good job, hope you finish it soon for checking it.

Manquin DJ

发表时间 Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 3:03 pm
Hi, Very Nice Skin! :) Hopefully look forward to using that soon!

The only that i might have different if it was my skin (and this is just my personal preference) would be to have the pitch sliders & FX buttons on the right hand side of each preview screen, rather than the symetric layout there is a the moment.

But definately looks very smart though! Good luck with the programming! :)

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 3:43 am
Great, thanks for the feedback guys.

Andy, I wasn't sure how to lay it out myself, and I struggled with whether I should use a mirror or identical layout... and I opted for kind of half and half.... I broke it up into many sections, as you can see, and I mirrored the sections, but not the contents of each section.

I was contemplating mirroring the buttons around the pitch slider though. I could maybe try rearranging the controls so that they are identical on each side, and then you guys could vote for which layout you like better. Because this is all grouped layers (and believe me... a LOT of layers), it's pretty easy to move things around.

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 10:36 am
Hi,

That could be interesting having a vote! :)

I think that i said i would go for same layout on both halves just because it's more standard (on rackmount cd players,dac-3 and other skins).

But since i've never used a layout that's mirrored like that, none of us would really know for sure untill we used it. it might turn out to be better mirrored anyway!

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 2:04 pm
I mainly did it the way I did because I thought it looked better to have the video screens on each side, so it was very clear as to what was each video preview window, and what was the final output screen.

In real DJ hardware, I presume that a big reason the layouts are identical for each deck is that it's simply easier and cheaper to build. Of course, I also thought that it might be easier for your brain to see the same pattern on each side, rather than having to reverse it everytime you switch decks. I dunno...

I'll post a few screenshots up in a bit, and you guys can let me know what you think is best.

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 10:47 pm
Alright, here are a few previews of what it would look like with three different layout options:

1. My First Layout, having the sections mirrored so that they are symmetrical.

2. A "copied" layout where each section is the same on each side (I might have to fix the browser tabs though).

3. And a half and half... the top area with the pitch controls, video preview window, and cuepoint selection is mirrored, but the bottom is copied. (I designed my skin so that this could be done).

Let's hear your opinions on what you think of each design!

Note that the blue background color will probably change, but for now it was the easiest for these little comps.

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 11:57 pm
SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That is a really nice looking skin. I think I like the first one the best...I like symmetry. I would like to see what you can do with more screen real estate in 1280x1024 resolution.

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 3:37 am
wow, that was quick getting the pictures up!

I hadn't thought of the half and half option!

So many choices!... :)

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 4:11 am
Quote :
I would like to see what you can do with more screen real estate in 1280x1024 resolution.

This skin is the exact same as the 1280x1024 version, except that the bottom will drop down more for a larger media library view.

I'll have versions of this available at 1280x768, 1280x800, 1280x900, 1280x1024, and 1280x1200. (Or perhaps others, if one asks.). It's really quite trivial to make the skin longer, and then you get more room for the media library.

Later on, I might create a 1400 (or maybe 1440?) pixel wide version also in various heights. This is much more work, but I think it'll be great for people like me who use high resolutions screens all the time.

Out of curiousity, who here would like a skin with a width HIGHER than 1280 pixels? I know that SXGA laptops are 1400x1050, Widescreen 19" panels are 1440x900, and widescreen WSXGA+ laptops are 1680x1050. My laptop is a WUXGA screet at 1920x1200, but I like having some space on the sides so I can see other programs I have open, so I probably won't ever create a 1920 pixel wide skin.

Any interest here in the 1400 pixel wide version?

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 12:37 pm
Quote :

Any interest here in the 1400 pixel wide version?

ME, ME! Pleeeeease! I'd love a 1400x1050 skin with video support. and the topping on the pie would be to have the option of a single smallish window for the video preview, my ins5150 had buckets of prosessor power, but very little in video power! something thats about the size of the default skins video window, with the 1, 2, M (Master), and A (Auto).

I'll Remember you in my will if you can grant my wish!

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 11:56 am
On second inspection, Very impressed with the buttons, they look great! love the little pic alongside the text. It's full featured, but still not cluttered!
Whats the "TCODE ENABLE" button for... Hmm famous last words. (EDIT: Timecode enable, Duh!)

Happy to test here.
On further thought from my last post, I guess the only thing to replace the two player video windows would be either a spinning CD, or record, as three video windows wouldn't run on my system.

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:57 pm
Well, this is intended as a video skin, so I'm not about to replace them with records. Perhaps in the future I can make them pannels so you can switch their functionality though.

As for the video previews, would it be helpful if I made them so that they could be resized, switched on/off and such?

I've seen some setups where video is far too slow to be able to run all the previews and the main output at the same time...

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:02 pm
good job supacon!

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:04 pm
I'm glad that you like my first skin. I hope to have a working beta available for this weekend. Please message me if you'd like me to send an early version to you so that you could help to test it, and make any suggestions before I do a final release.

Of course, with v4 available next week... I might have to make some fundamental design changes to make it compatible, so maybe it would be prudent to wait and see?

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 9:15 pm
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen:

I've completed the first version of my skin, VideoVision. I'm calling it a Beta because I want to make sure that it's flawless before I submit it to VirtualDJ officially, so I'm looking for people who want to test it out.

A lot of work has gone into this skin, and I think the results are great... but have a look for yourself. Let me know what you think, if there are problems that need fixing, or ideas to make it better.

You can download the skin from my website here:
http://fullspec.ca/misc/skins/VideoVision_Beta1_1280x768.zip

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:07 am
Just downloaded it now! Nice One!

Thanks. :)

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:56 am
I've got a couple minor things to fix, and then I'll release versions in different heights ranging from 768 to 1200 pixels.

Personally I'm not so sure about the sliders at the top for volume... it almost seems like too much. How many people actually use those sliders? I never use any of them, because I DJ with a real mixer, but I thought that some people would like to have them available. Perhaps I could replace them with knobs (like the gain knob).

Also, I thought it'd be nice to make a pannel that allows you to switch between the timecode and keylock control and another two cuepoints. I like to have the cuepoints available, but I don't normally use timecode.

The last thing I might want to change is to make the waveform display twice as tall and have the player 1 and 2 waveforms on separate lines so that they are easier to see.

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 7:25 pm
61%