快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Basic Setup

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

SO Ive tried VDJ and I love it. I want to buy the pro version but want to make sure I know how to set this up. Im planning to use it at house parties and then only on rare ocassions so a basic configuration will do fr now. Here is my laptop specs:

Toshiba Protege M400
Intel Duo Processor 1.83
2 Gigs Ram ( DUal Channel )
100 GB 7200RPM Hard drive
SigmaTel Soundcard ( Only output seems to be the headphones )
Windows XP Tablet Edition

Here is the setups I was gonna try:

1. Getting a Y-COnnector ( Stereo ) to plug into the headphone plug in the laptop and plug the RCA side of the Y COnnector into the INPUT RACs of my home stereo

2. Purchase NOTEBOOK CARD SB Audigy 2 soundcard and use the CABLE DOCKING feature to connect to my home stereo

Now keep in mind this is the frst time Ive done ANYTHING like this so Im unfamiliar with the setup. With reading all the post it looks like you guys are suggesting ( maybe its a requirement ) to get a mixer. Im not sure why. Can someone explain? If I have to get one, which one?

I want to start out slow so please give me your advice for an occasional user ( at relative partie ) and low cost. I will probably get into it so I want to upgrade after I get used to it but for now, jus the basics...

Thanks guy

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 11:21 pm
You could set the soundcard options within VDJ professional as you like:
- Plug your laptop directly with the internal soundcard to your stereo: Note that you cant pre listen
- Connect your internal soundcard to your headphone and connect an additional (usb or firewire or pcmcia, like the Soundblaster you mentioned) soundcard to connect to your stereo.
- Buy an additional soundcard, connect this to an external mixer and connect your internal souncard also to your mixer.
- Buy a soundcard with multiple outputs, like an Esi u46dj, and use an external mixer
- Buy a Hercules mk2, this controller has a build in multiple soundcard, so you could use it with both an external mixer or plugin your headphone in this console.

Note that if you use splitters, that you will get a mono signal. This is probably not what you want. If you plan to buy the soundblaster, you could set it up like the second and third example.

hope this helps a bit
Ewout

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 12:15 am
THat does help tremendously...Can you exlain why its important to make a mixer? Reading even more posts, it seems like you can plug in speakers directly from a mixer? is this true? If so , any suggested mixers?

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 12:28 am
Im sorry for the spelling errors...my keyboard is on crack. What I meant is can you please explain why I would require a mixer or why you would suggest I get one. And what type?

Thanks again

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 12:31 am
A mixer is not required, but just one of the options. Pro and cons using a mixer:
Pro
- More control, don't need to use keyboard or mouse to control multiple controls, like volume, crossfader, eq's, etc. You use the mixer for that
- Probably looks more pro

Cons
- Will cost more money, to buy one
- Have to take more equipment to gigs

What teh best option is for you, is dependant on your needs. If you would like to buy a mixer, a Numark or Denon would be ok.
But while you also need a soundcard, it might be the best option to buy a Hercules DJ Console mk2. This is a controller and sound card. You could attach your headphone directly and a limited version of VDJ is included.
Ewout

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 7:04 pm
Im a hercules dj console mk 2 owner and havie the bundled version of vdj. how much would it cost to upgrade to the pro version?????

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 11:53 pm
I believe its $99...and if you do it soon, youll get a free upgrade to 4.0

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 12:34 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)