快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: hercules / tcv question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ok i will be using my hercules for my TCV soundcard until i sell it. i dont have needles right now so i cant test it. they show up tomorrow.

right now i have all my stuff wired up just like in "dams" blog pic. with the splitters and everthing. now here is my question. turntable grounding. they say i must ground to the computer case ok well i will be using a laptop and a computer changing at different times. what happens if i just ground to mixer? can i use the ground screws on the hercules and that will suffice? i will be playing real vinyl as well so do i nee to ground to mixer and laptop?

发表时间 Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 6:43 pm
Personally, I have my turntables grounded directly to the Mk2 and my tc quality is usually always at 100% although my PC and TTs are attached to different power extensions. You can use normal vinyl with the Mk2 without the y-splitters (by using the input button) so I wouldn't think you'd need to ground your TTs to the mixer too, as long as you've got it grounded to the Mk2. I have the same TTs as you too (TT-500) so hopefully it all goes well for you - very cool Hercules videos by the way, very impressive :-)

发表时间 Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 6:51 pm
my pc and tt are on different power extensions too. but now i am lookign for a maya 44 or u46dj

发表时间 Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 7:30 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
USB has ground cable too (as metal part of usb connector that you can see it), That's why it works when grounded at MK2 :)

Anyway.. get u46dj ;)

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 12:36 am
You should be fine grounding to your mk2, it runs into the computer directly via USB and that's how I had mine before upgrading to the u46dj. I can't speak much for the maya44, but the u46dj appears to have much more to offer, plus the maya is dioscontinued now. The u46dj works great, though I've had a hard time recording anything through it it still works near perfect for TCV;^]

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:28 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)