快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: What gear a dj should have?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

When I say gear I mean what is after mixer and before amps (crossovers, dynamic processors, compressor, limiter, de-esser, eq, power conditioner). I want to know what should I buy so the sound would be better. I use 2x18" 650W rms bass speakers and 2x 12" +diver 300w rms sattelite. I feed those from an QSC rmx 1850HD(2x360Wrms @ 8 ohm) power amp. I know that I'll have to buy another amp if I'm gonna use crossover but I was wondering what else should I buy. Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 12:26 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I would say that you will need equaliser. I can't immagine my setup without them.

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 8:39 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
EQ and Peak Limiter. A de-esser is almost only used on microphones.

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 8:49 am
Many Basic Setups have no gear between mixer and amp, and produce exceptable results.
However a 1/3 Octave graphic can be used to reduce room resonances, improving music and lowing feedback thresholds when using a mic.
Aural Exciters, BBE unit, Sub Harmonic Enharnces, Multiband Dynamics Processers & Active Crossovers.
Fortunatally many of these functions can be purchased in a single 1u high Processer such as the
" DBX Driverack PA"

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 2:21 pm
every DJ should have 2 tt's or 2 cd players or a pc (with controlers or tccd or tcv), any combination that would satisfy his needs, have acceptable sound quality and enough songs to satisfy guests on party.

If it is a mobile DJ which is also renting equipment, it should have combinations of easy and strong speakers (15-30 kg each) which you can carry around on parties. for small parties 2-4 full range speakers with 1 or 2 amps are ok. for big parties add some woofers and active crossover. equalizer and compressor/limiters are optional, small and easy, in most cases improves sound, but under the hands of amateurs can greatly damage equipment.

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 3:09 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The most basic item needed for dj'n is the mixer. Without it you wouldnt be called a dj. You can have any amount and types of inputs ranging from a pc/laptop, ipod, discman/cd player, turntable... anything which can play some type of media.

Next thing obviously needed then is speakers. Option is to go for powered speakers where no amp is needed or getting speakers that require an amp.

You'll need a disco light also. (You can rent it though and pass the cost on)

Other than that your sorted and ready to make money :)

发表时间 Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 2:37 am
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so, much money!! :-)
I think that mixer is just the basic item; so, I still have got only my djx700!!
CDs or Vinyls are, in my opinion, the second necessary item. then, you can play in a club where you found cd player or turntables yet that you can use with your music's supports. in this way, you'll be payed well and then you'll can buy what gears you want!
but, first of all, it's useful and cheap buy virtualdj!! :-)
regards

发表时间 Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:22 pm

发表时间 Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:53 pm
Thanks for your sugestions. I think I will buy an eq and a crossover+ 1 amp so I can use 1 amp with subwoofers and 1 amp with sattelites.

发表时间 Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 7:03 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
good decision :)
i would add one more thing.. a good wireless microphone :D

发表时间 Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 7:26 pm

发表时间 Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 10:45 pm
The list with my equipment could be found in my blog.
Ewout

发表时间 Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 11:31 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)