快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Help "Chopping Out" A Loop

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know how to do loops. I know how to record mixes. I can't figure out an easy way to record, say 8 or 16 bars of a loop. Let's say I have a 16 bar loop that I want to make a recording of. What I have to do is open the recording in an editor and try and trim the ends perfectly.

Does anyone know how to record a loop snippet with VDJ. I want to load some loops up into a sampler. Do you use another software for this specifically? BTW, I don't have any software that knows how to cut out a loop segment speficially. I suppose I could do it with Audacity with some help from a BPM calculator that can tell me precisely how many seconds to cut for a beat matched 16 bars.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 8:28 pm
The easiest way to do what you want would be to use software like Sonic Foundry's ACID software. It can help you make precise loops, and export them in whatever format you wish. (MP3, Wav, etc...) The software is a little pricey though. There may some shareware products out there to help you out as well. You can check out www.download.com and browse through their multimedia software, you might find something there as well.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 8:36 pm
I use Cool Edit Pro For editing and recording.

it's a Multi-track editing program origionally desined for recording studio use.
I like it for ease of use and ability to have a micro recording studio at home

DJ Marcel

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 8:48 pm
Why not use VDJ?;)

It will detect BPM, and make a seemless loop

1) Load the song to a deck
2) Cue up where you want the loop to start
3) Select length of loop (4,8,16,32 etc)
4) Choose a sampler slot inside VDJ, and press Loop

Voila!;)

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 8:50 pm
Ya, its pretty much a no brainer.. If the VDJ method doesn't work, explain in a little more depth what you'd like to accomplish. I use Cool Edit for audio editing too (now called Adobe Audidion 2.0) but I've never needed it for loops because VDJ can create them seamlessly.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 8:58 pm
Ohhhhh. That's how that works. Okay, that is much easier. Thanks for pointing that out.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 9:00 pm
If you want a separate program I've used the Recycle program to do some great loops when I had more time to do my own tracks. You can save them as Wav or mp3 files when you've done them.

http://www.propellerheads.se/

There are a lot of other programs that do it now though, this is still one of the best. Don't bother now, just loop using VDJ

A

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 9:16 pm
Norway, so if I press the loop button, it will only grab the exact looped part. I don't have to manually start and stop the recording at the exact moment in order to get a perfect loop? I've never used the sampler for any reason so I'm not too familiar with it.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 10:11 pm
It will stop EXACTLY 2,4,8,16, or 32 beats from your specific start position. So if you accidently make your start position 1/1000th of a beat to soon, VDJ will accomadate and make the stop postiton in the exact spot it needs to be in the number of beats you specify. This creates a perfectly seamless loop.

The only thing you need for VDJ loops is a loose starting point, and how many beats.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 11:01 pm
This sounds like exactly what I need. I'm gonna try this when I get home tonight. Thanks everyone!

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 11:07 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol for an experienced user you have some things yet to discover about VDJ

yer just make a loop in the normal way during a song, tweak it till your happy its perfect and then press the reccord loop button on a free sample slot, save the loop. then if you want to export the loop to something else you can just rename it (the extention) from .VDJ to .ogg (VDJ samples are reccorded in Ogg Vorbis), they will be perfect lenght assuming you have it setup properly in VDJ

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 11:26 pm
anewsome wrote :
Norway, so if I press the loop button, it will only grab the exact looped part. I don't have to manually start and stop the recording at the exact moment in order to get a perfect loop? I've never used the sampler for any reason so I'm not too familiar with it.

thats exactly how it works;) Easy to grap seamless loops on the fly;)

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:19 am
Yes, I admit for an experienced user there are certain parts of the program that I've never touched. There's just so much stuff there, you can't expect experienced users to need all that stuff. Up until right now, I've never needed the sampler for any reason, as an example.

Also, I'm using wav files. I'm not sure I like the idea of the samples encoding to OGG. I'd like to have the samples in WAV also. I guess I may have to invest in some software if there's no way to keep the WAV format in VDJ. I like the feature though,... now that I know how to use it.

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 1:05 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I think by default if no loop is set and you press to record a loop in a sample slot it will record a 4 beat (or 8 ?) loop. If loop is set in the player it will record this loop instead, brilliant ?

You can keep the wav files and load these. vdj can load wav files just saves them in vdj/ogg
I use ableton live when i need to cut loops in wav format.

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 3:55 am
@ Anewsome

Have a look at Recycle on the www.propellerheads.de website if you are wanting to do a bit more with loops. It's what a lot of the pros use. I think there is a demo you can try. It's often available on Ebay secondhand. Haven't used Ableton much, but might offer you more flexibility.

A

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 2:05 pm

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 2:23 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)