快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Ortofon's Digitrack cartridge - designed to be used with Virtual DJ timecode

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Might be something for all you timecode vinyl users...

Ortofon's Digitrack cartridge is the latest innovation in their long standing series of superior quality DJ cartridges.
The Digitrack was designed to be used with the special time coded vinyl that is standard with all digital dj setups such as Serato, Final Scratch, PCDJ, Virtual DJ, etc. They also have outstanding performance when used with traditional vinyl records, but the main design features are catered towards use with digital systems. The technical specifications rate these somewhere between a Scratch and a Nightclub cartridge. They feature Ortofon's great sound quality, relatively high skip resistance

http://www.djdeals.com/ortofonOMDIGITRACK.htm

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 7:54 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Looks pretty good ..I'm a have to grab a pair.. wonder if it's just hype or if there really better for TCV

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 7:57 pm
Probably hype, I don't see how they can make a bad pressing any better grrrr....

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:01 pm
They've been out for a while now. I saw them in a store near my place going for $300.00. Anybody used them yet?

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:03 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
norway,

if you look closely at the video for VV the one in germany you'll find those carts in fact vdj helped test them out :)

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:19 pm
sounds great;) sexy red color too;)

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:25 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
is this another case of a pretty box?

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:57 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I've used them ever since vegas last year and they are great carts.

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 9:10 pm
According to other dj forums they work better than most others on reading the timecode.

According to iDJ magazine it picks up 90% of the timecode signal, where normal carts pick up 60%...

Ortofon Pro's output = 5 mV
Ortofon DJ's output = 6 mV
Ortofon Nightclubs = 6 mV
Ortofon Digitrack=8 mV

The digitrack have higher output than normal carts, making them better for timecode use with dj software (according to web reviews)

But I haven't tryed them, so I dont know:) But they might be worth a try for others.. Ortofon is a good brand...

I've also heard the Numark Groovetrack and Shure Whitelabels give extra benefits with timecode.
Shure M44-7's output = 9,5 mV

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 9:36 pm
so you think that shure M44 are better than a regular ortofon cartridge for tcvs use?

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 9:52 pm
might be... I'm not sure how much the extra output really matter. But might be worth a try next time you by carts.

According to some feedback, the extra output seem to aid good for some soundcards.

But with a good soundcard with hardware preamp, such as u46dj / maya , I guess the difference would be far less noticable.

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 10:25 pm
The higher the output value of your carts, the lower gain you will need. Low output carts give problems with feedback. The bass of the speakers, distort the time code signal. This is the case for the Stanton 500's (2.5mV). I have both the Shure and the Ortofon Elektro (8.5mV). Both give the same quality using timecode.
I prefer the Ortofon's:
- Easier to install and setup (no need to install the cart to the head with screws)
- Lesser vinyl wear
- look better.

If you scratch a lot however, the shure has a little better skip resistance. With beatmatching you will not notice a difference.
Ewout

发表时间 Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 11:53 pm
I got a couple of 680 stanton cartridges an signal is too low even using regular vinyls and feedback is very noticeable, I was thinking of getting a pair of ortofon cartridges but if you say that shure M44 are good enough as well, I will try some of those cause they are easier to find on dj music stores , perhaps because of the price.

发表时间 Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 12:46 am
Manquin_dj,
the shures are working good, but keep in mind that the installation is much harder and more work. also keep in mind that there is more vinyl wear. This is probably not a problem for timecode, you only have to replace them more often. It could be a problem for your (normal) vinyl collection with hard to find classics. I know that the Ortofons are more expensive, but I prefer lesser vinyl wear over needle price.
Ewout

发表时间 Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 1:03 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Superstorm, it's the opposite..., m44-7 have less record wear than most ortofons, tracking force is 1.5-3.0 gr (2-2.5 gr recommended for less skipping), 10mv output.
Sound quality on normal vinyl is not so good, (ortofons are much better) but for timecode vinyl they are perfect.

发表时间 Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 1:23 pm
I know that shure cartridges are more difficult to change because of the screws, but what I want is less skipping and good quality for tcvs use, not for regular vinyls, since I know that ortofon have an excellent quality sound for them, I used the blue ones long time ago and they sounded very close to cd.

发表时间 Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 4:22 pm
anyone knows where can I get shure cartridges?

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 7:46 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cyder, when did VDJ help test them out?

发表时间 Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 11:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)