快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: a2dp headphones

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hi guyz,
I am considering to buy virtual dj, i am now trying the trial version and i really like it.
thing is though i am not a proffesional dj so i have no console, just dj-ing for fun on my laptop.
which only has an headphones out and an internal speaker.
if i plug in a headphone the internal speakers shut down and all the music comes through the headphone.

i have a bluetooth a2dp headset.
is it possible to set it up in virtual dj? or is the software not addapted enough. IF this is possible i will buy it tomorrow and I will love it

发表时间 Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 10:45 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It depends on how you're getting the bluetooth headphones to talk to your computer. Having had a quick look on Google, it seems that you can buy a little bluetooth gadget that plugs into a USB port. (for example: http://www.ovislink.com.tw/BT-120ADS.htm ) This gadget comprises a soundcard and an A2DP bluetooth transmitter, which should therefore be able to work independently of your computer's soundcard.

The demo version of vdj doesn't allow this, but the Pro version allows you set up multiple soundcards. For example, you could set it up so that the preview "cue" channels were sent to the bluetooth adaptor, while the main mix played through the computer's own sound as normal. This would give you proper monitoring in the headphones, and a true stereo mix that plays through your laptop, or even through your stereo if you make use of that headphone socket on the laptop!

Failing that, the other (cheap!) alternative is to use a splitter cable from the headphones socket on the laptop. You could send the headphone monitor mix through the left channel, and the main mix out from the right. Obviously, this means that these outputs are in mono, but it's not the end of the world, especially when you consider that mono systems are not that uncommon in big nightclubs...

Hope this helps a little anyway. Go on, treat yourself, I took the plunge a few months ago, have never looked back!

发表时间 Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 9:43 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)