快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: DMC Chipped, do I need a driver?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just got the DMC chipped and plugged into the PC but it doesn't recognise anything, it stays blank.

Do I need a driver or anything? I can't remember what came with the DMC when I bought it.

Cheers

发表时间 Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 9:38 pm
Ok no answer as yet!

I've looked around on the forums and find nothing. On the Gizmo labs site it says you can download the Midi Driver.
DO I need to download this for VDJ to recognise it?
Or is there a driver that came with the DMC that I need to install?

I guess I need something as when I look at the com ports in device manager it has a yellow question mark.

Help!

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 9:55 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

No, you don't need the MIDI driver or any other driver. DMC-1 is a true serial device.

But you must check the DMC1/DAC2/DAC3 checkbox in CONFIG- REMOTE CONTROL .

I also recomend you to download the DAC-2 / DMC-1 Mapper and install that.

I got 2 chipped DMC-1s working perfectly ;-)

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 10:34 am
Thanks Pern!
I'm not good with PC's!
I have the box checked for 'Auto Detect' but I get nothing.

Like I said in system devices I have a yellow question mark next to the com port, so I guess I'm having a problem there which needs sorting.

Also, I have downloaded the mapper but don't quite understand how to install them.
It says put it in the Virtualdj.exe file??
What the hell lol!!

Any help appreciated :-)

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 11:21 am

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 11:55 am
First , you don't need the DAC2 USB driver. DAC2 uses USB to communicate with the hardware and a software serial driver to communicate with the program. DMC-1 is a true serial device .

Re the mapper , just copy it to the same folder as VDJ. It will then detect it when you start VDJ.

And as you guess, you must first fix the serial port problem on your computer. After that i'm sure it will be detected directly - if you installed the chip correctly. Do the DMC start and show the new version number when you connect the PSU ?

Do you have more than one serial ports ? Did the serial port work before ? It could be a conflict of some kind.

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 12:07 pm
Wayhey!!

Got it sorted!
Just called the guy who built the PC and he had the com port disabled in Bios!

The DMC looks good, nice to see you can use the loops etc and have the BPM showing! An improvement on PCDJ lol!

Well it looks like I'm here to stay so get used to me asking questions!

Right now then the next problem is...I just started up VDJ and it said internal database is corrupted and it's lost all my music info :-(
Time to do a search ....again

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 2:12 pm
Nice to hear that it works ......

The DMC-1 works really well with VDJ even that it's not a brand new device.

And you can get used ones really cheap also, i bought 2 used ones in perfect condition for less than a new DAC-2 ;-)

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 5:02 pm
Gilbz wrote :
Wayhey!!

Got it sorted!
Just called the guy who built the PC and he had the com port disabled in Bios!

The DMC looks good, nice to see you can use the loops etc and have the BPM showing! An improvement on PCDJ lol!

Well it looks like I'm here to stay so get used to me asking questions!

I take it from above that you got it sorted matey? If your database has corrupted you may have to delete the xml file from vdj folder and let it create a new one

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 6:06 pm
Yeah, bloomin thing!
Cheers for the advice earlier Tophouse! I didn't call you back cause I know how busy you are running that place of yours!

I have deleted the file and started doing it all over again! At least I don't have to do so many tracks this time lol ;-P

And thanks to the guys above especially Pern.

:turnip:

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 9:52 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)