快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: The Unsolveable Problem!!! [BUT SOLVED]

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,

I am fairly new at this and am already having serious problems with this system. I have tried repeatedly to get tech support from the vdj staff but have been completely unsuccessful... i guess they never had this problem before...lucky for them. But i am hoping that other users have had this and could help me out.

so here it goes:

ever since i installed vdj for tcv i have been recieving this horribly annoying message that reads "asio error: not enough channels". i get this message anytime i open vdj, or anytime i change some settings in the timecode config window.

now the problem isnt as blunt as it sounds... i have a maya 44 (v2.5) and 2 tech 12's and a djm 600 mixer... i have MORE THAN enough channels (4) on my mixer... my asio has 4 in and 4 out...

i have installed/uninstalled everything numerous times... i have even changed the settings in regedit (as instructed by one vdj installation pdf)

basically i have pretty much given up...i have only been told to reinstall the maya drivers...i have done that...i have also reinstalled vdj...and i keep doing that but i feel like a total idiot doing the same thing over and over again since it did nothing the first time.

there must be something out there that is different from reinstalling stuff...

please help me out...i have already lost many many gigs because of these problems.

all the best,
dj bk

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 4:14 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I do not have a maya 44

but i believe that the driver for it should tell you info about the channels (in/outs) make sure all are available, and when you open VDJ make sure you dont have anything else that might use sound from the maya. Just for kicks try downloading ASIO4ALL 2.6, it's not really needed in your case since asio4all is an asio emulator and not as "true" driver. But give that a shot since it will be a different driver you can try. You get the error if not all channels in/outs are available, so check to see if you 4 channels in the MAYA are ok.

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 4:26 pm
thanks for the tip,

but here is the latest: it still does not work.

apparently, after speaking with the company that sold me the maya, they have said that the asio4all driver is junk and it may have completely screwed my system... but i tried to what you suggested anyway and still no help.

i have made progress however...

when i only use 2 channels in the maya 44 (therefore only 1 turntable), and i change the settings in the vdj configuration page, the turntable actually recieves a signal (but i just get a loud buzzing sound off the needle, NO ACTUAL MUSIC)...but none the less, i can still play with the song (rewindng it, scratch,ect...) and have some sort of response on my screen... this is actually a step up from before... it tells me that my hardware isnt faulty...
this doesnt sound like much...but its something...

unfortunetly however, as soon as i connect the next tt and reconfigure the settings in vdj to accomidate for it, i get a message saying "asio driver error"...

does anybody know how i can fix the driver error (and please dont say reinstall it...cuz ive done that)...or does anybody know how to add the second tt? or get the next 2 channels of maya to work?

Where are the vdj tech people on this one???

thanks in advance to anybody that helps out...

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 6:48 pm
but.. dj bk1, that loud buzzing sound is the noise that the timecoded vinyls do, I mean, it's what makes VDJ recognize the movements, but at all, after checking the sound, after loading a song you should hear music..

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 8:23 pm
I recommend not to use the Asio4all drivers if you use the Maya USB. If you already installed them, you could try to unstall them, maybe a fresh install of Windows is needed. When I tested Asio4all, I also get always"the "Not enough channels" error message

You need to install the Maya usb and should use it always on the same usb port. So not stick it in one of the ports and the other day stick it in another.
When you start Windows, connect the Maya card and wait untill windows noticed configured it. It should appear in the "Unplug or eject hardware" list (little green arrow at the bottom right of your windows desktop)
Then start VDJ, Open config, Select "Sound card" tab, select the Timecode vinyl option. Now select your Maya from the list, make sure you don't select the Asio4all driver here. Then it should be ok.

To get rid of the whistle, mute the inputs in the Maya config. If you need any help just ask for it, or search the forum (it has been explained some times already)
Ewout

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 9:21 pm
I'm pretty sure ASIO4ALL is a small app that emulates a driver but is not actually installed like one, i could be wrong...anyways you can just delete it as it is harmless. That was just to see if you can determine the channels are ok and try something different, I would not use it primarily with a MAYA44 since it is not a true ASIOdriver but for the sake of the trial, in the TC setting how do you have it set?? you should have for example
INPUT 1-2 right / 3-4 left
OUTPUT 1-2 right / 3-4 left

is that how you have it?

发表时间 Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 2:29 am
hi,
to listen 2 - yes, that is how i had it set, and also the output that read "ch1 and 2...samples"
neither worked... but i did figure out the problem...

DO NOT USE AN ASIO4ALL DRIVER IF U OWN A MAYA44... or have an asio installation cd...

i tested all my equipment on another computer and everything worked perfectly cuz i didnt download asio4all...this tells me that asio4all screwed me...

superstorm is correct, a fresh installation of windows is required. the asio4all driver is stuck in my registry and thats why, no matter how much you install or uninstall, u get the same error message...

thanks again to all you guys... off i go to reformat my BRAND NEW laptop...

regards,

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 12:27 am
well since you did a fresh install it would be very difficult to point out exactly what was the cause since you wiped everything out. I believe you had a driver issue of some type, even before you installed asio4all. I could be wrong but i think i have heard of other users running asio4all with a maya44 without any ill effects. Using asio4all with the maya is not needed since the maya is "true" asio and does not require "emualtion" Either way the problem is solved now. :)

发表时间 Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:45 pm
Glad that the unsolvable problem is solved...
Ewout

发表时间 Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 10:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)