快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: my headphones won't work!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi all, hopefully someone will be able to help me out here!! I have the latest version vdj installed and as i am learning how to use it i wanted to listen to the music through my earphones will another track was playing! I can't get it to work at all!!!

Basically i have a 7.1 audio card thats made by c media. I connect my speakers and my headphones to the jacks at the back and then notice that i can only either play music through through the speakers or headphones BUT NOT both at the same time! There is an opton in the cmedia program where you can select which device you are using and if i try and put both devices on it won't work it will just play through either one of them!!

I tried the vdj config and i choose the 4.1 output as this is the only option that is close to mine but still it won't work!! And yes i have checked to see that my headphone volume is up!!

Any help pliz.......................

发表时间 Thu 04 May 06 @ 10:02 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
did you try advanced config in sound card setup??

发表时间 Thu 04 May 06 @ 10:56 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
hassibabe,

Take a look in my blog, I think you could get your answer there.

Good Luck!

发表时间 Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:29 am
ACW,

I took a look at your blog and it addressed exactly what I needed. Except, I still can not get the audio to play in my headphones while it continues to output to the laptop speakers.

In the VDJ software, I have chosen the 4.1 setting with output to the speakers and the headphones.

On my laptop, I have chosen "7.1 surround sound speakers" from the menu in "Advanced audio properties."

Where have I gone wrong? Is it because I have not connected separate speakers? I am trying to use the speakers on the laptop as the audio source.

发表时间 Fri 12 May 06 @ 4:49 am
I have done a search and looked at a few different threads pertaining to this subject, but still nothing that addresses my situation.

I went to BestBuy to look at some sound cards and saw that they had some with several different outputs. My laptop only has ONE headphones jack and one mic jack. Is that the reason I am having these troubles? Do I need a new sound card?

发表时间 Fri 12 May 06 @ 9:58 pm
bump

发表时间 Sun 14 May 06 @ 4:47 pm
Hi,

Do you have the right y splitter ?

Look at my blog for connection

发表时间 Sun 14 May 06 @ 4:49 pm
I don't have a splitter at all. That was one of my questions. For this to work correctly I need external speakers, right?

I have been trying to feed the sound through my built-in speakers and then preview through the head phones.

Also, thanks for your reply.

发表时间 Sun 14 May 06 @ 4:54 pm
Hi,

Because your laptop only has one headphones jack, you have to separate the stereo channel output in 2 mono, one for the speaker and the other for preview with headphone.

Thats why you need the good y splitter. If you use a headphone splitter, it only allow to use 2 stereo headphones in one output (but don't separate the channel)

发表时间 Sun 14 May 06 @ 5:02 pm
Cool! I am going to get one.

Thanks for your help Coyote! I appreciate it.

发表时间 Sun 14 May 06 @ 5:13 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I don't think this can be done in DJ mix station 3.

Only the pro version can be used with an Y splitter.

发表时间 Mon 15 May 06 @ 11:16 am
Is there a difference between a Y splitter and a headphone splitter? I got some kind of splitter at radio shack but it plays both songs out of the speakers and the headphones so it's useless. Maybe I need to get a Y splitter if that is different than what I got?

发表时间 Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 3:33 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Actually it is the same. Y-splitter splites stereo signal to 2 x mono signal. First mon is used as main out, another is used for headphones.

发表时间 Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 6:34 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I think that the use of the Y splitter must be the last resource because you are going to split stereo signal in 2 monoaural signals. The first option is to get 2 stereo (and independent) signals. One for the master out and the other for the headphones use. Also could be used one LINE OUT for the Deck1 and the other LINE OUT to Deck2 outputs and used in an external mixer.

You can have 2 stereo LINE OUTs in a single 4.1 Soundcard (or better) and with 2 single output soundcards too.

Talking about splitters, a Y splitter for VDJ must be for STEREO input and LEFT channel in one end and RIGHT channel in the other end. When you use Headphone splitters you have ONE stereo INPUT and 2 stereo OUTPUTS, which are the same and could not be differenciated in anyway, so VDJ cannot use these splitter to hedphones independent use.

发表时间 Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 9:37 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you said your laptop has 7.1 sound? then one of your inputs will become an output after you enable the 7.1 in virtualdj and your sound cards software

发表时间 Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 2:01 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)