快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Scratching w/ TCVs

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

amun-rePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Scratching with my TCVs sounds a little bit weird. it sounds pretty much like a "dirty", cheap, digital rewind and im not sure how to get it working properly. i have a P4 ~2gghz; 1056mbram; geforce fx ultra (256 MB) and a disabled ; because i use the hercules MK2 as soundcard) soundblaster audigy platinum.
i have also downloaded the asio4all drivers and im running VDJ (latest version).
i am not sure whether to activate the "hercules DJ console + TCV" in the settings or just run it in "low latency timecoded vinyl mode" (the console works for both of the settings, but scratching doesnt work properly for both of the settings either).
are there any tweaks or settings i could have forgotten to install/set up ? what could be causing that problem?

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 5:13 pm
Try adjusting the Asio buffer.
Also, please note that the scratch sound is one of the things that needed a bit more work, and its now sounding a lot better in VDJ4 (soon to be released, and free for you).

Even so, it should not be all that bad.... and far from "dirty digital cheap rewind".

One thing, asio4all drivers are EMULATED ASIO drivers for NON asio soundcards.

The Hercules soundcard have native ASIO, and try using that.

Also, test the soundblaster card for line-in... See if the scratch sound better.
Just for comparison. Some have said that Hercules asio produce less good scratch sound that other cards, but I really dont think that can be true.

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 5:44 pm
not calling it proper now, but its OK
on my PC the asio4all works better than the mk2
thanks again

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 5:54 pm
yeah..
Might just be the sound of 3.4..
It does not have the super high audio quality that will be released with VDJ 4.0 / Numark VirtualVinyl.

The whole focus for VDJ 4 is timecode use, and totally new soundengine.
The scratch sound is very very good, and the general sound awesome.
But thats VDJ4, soon to be released... and as said, free upgrade for you.

So what you are experiencing might just be the sound of VDJ 3.x.. and the reason that VDJ4 has been all focused on profesional sound, profesional timecode use, and great scratch...

A sneak preview here:
http://www.skratchworx.com/messe2006/virtualvinyl/num_vv.mp4 ;)

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 6:15 pm
MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Has it been determined for sure it will be free or is that still speculation? I'm glad to hear there is more focus on the vinyl and the sound engine. I don't need video capabilities. :)

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 6:33 pm
yeeh THAT is the stuff i was lookin for, someone tell those guys to hurry ^^
whats the name of that USB-soundcard that dj is using?

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 6:44 pm
yes... it will be free;)

and the name of the USB soundcard is NUMARK;)
Its part of the VirtualVinyl package that Numark sells.. (www.numark.com)

Same software as VDJ4 almost, but a dedicated package, with its own soundcard and vinyls

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 7:45 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)