快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: my virtual dj thoughts...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

cooloutHome userMember since 2006
I just downloaded the VDJ demo to check it out mainly because it's the only DJ app that supports both DRM and timecode vinyl. I'm a professional that spins 5 nights a week in 4 different bars.

Sure enough VDJ works perfectly with my ultra cheap (50 dollar) soundblaster usb interface using the asio 4 all driver and my pioneer cdj-800. This is a powerful setup because I currently subscribe to Napster-to-go. With Napster I pay only 15 bucks a month and I have unlimited downloads of about 75-90% of the music on there.

A couple of questions though:

1. does the full version support using 1 real turntable with two virtual decks? Say if i'm playing deck 1 using timecode and I then want to scratch in a another song on deck 2 while keeping deck 1 playing along freely. VDJ would need to keep playing deck 1 (without a timecode signal) while applying the timecode signal to deck 2.

2. with the full version will I be able to use all the outputs on my soundblaster independently? front outputs for deck 1, back outputs for deck 2, or even the headphone out to cue...

3. enough with this timecode stuff...has anyone tried to use a tablet, laptop touchpad, or kaoss pad for vinyl emulation? there are drivers that can translate a tablet or touchpad input to midi. If these where intergrated into VDJ properly it would eliminate the need for a timecode based system altogether...it would basically turn a computer into a cdj-1000.

just my thoughts...

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 3:06 am
1. YES you can ;) You can swap what virtual deck to control, using ONE turntable

2. YES -... the full version have very powerfull soundcard settings, and you can use all outs on your soundcard (deck 1, deck 2 and headphone)

3. There are many midi based controllers that will kinda eliminate the use of timecode..
If you would rather use a controller. Look at the XP10...
(according to review at MixMag, it works even better than cdj1000)

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/xp10/

Hope that helps a bit ;)

And.. . Virtual DJ 4 is soon out, with LOTS of improvements for timecode use, and better soundquality, mastertempo and more... ;)

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 3:10 am
The xp10 looks like a good product but I can't find a US dealer online, much less a place where I can demo the thing.

I do a bit of scratching so I'm very picky about the feel. Many of the CD decks that have touch sensitive wheels don't track right for scratching...the new stanton cd deck, the vestax deck, and the lower numarks and denon specifically.

I'd the actually feel the thing before I give up my money.

That xp10 demo video shows me nothing because the guy is obviously not a scratch DJ.

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 6:26 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
OOOOOOooooooooh!

*waits for come back*

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 6:49 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
actually we here in the US face the same problem.
some of us just dont have the $$$$ to buy something we can't feel. and its just too bad most of these software and hardware companies are from europe.

if one doesnt like the product they'd have to send it back and we just cant afford to lose $100 in shipping.

i dont understand why ppl in the marketing departments dont see the $$$$ this program can make from the US. VDJ company wouldv made a lot of money (and still can) before that Kontroller thing came around. or doesnt this company not eat from xp-10 sales?

dont sleep. the US is where these companies can make crazy money.

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 7:02 pm
check out reviews from different dj magazines of the xp10 here:

http://www.eks.fi

According to those who have used it, it has the same feel of CDJ1000.

Timecode vinyl will of course give a better "feel" if you scratch much :)

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 8:16 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've posted a scratch video of the xp10 in the forums. Unfortunately I don't think my scratch skills are good enough to be posted as a regular link.

Try a search in the forums :)

If no luck I'll repost.

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 10:10 pm
"Timecode vinyl will of course give a better "feel" if you scratch much :)"

that's the thing...timecode SHOULDN'T have a better feel. there's no audio buffer latency to deal with.

that statement just tells me that the proper beta testing hasn't been done. EKS should have sent some xp10s to some real turntablists and asked, "would this make you abandon your 1200s or at least your CDJs...if not then why."

it's a shame that in order to get a proper touch surface you need to spend at least $600 each.

this stuff isn't rocket science...

graphic artists don't complain about latency and the lack of proper touch tablets and it's basically the same technology.

发表时间 Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 12:03 am
hehe.. .i did not mean latency! :)

There is virutally no latency

with "feel" I simply meant that having a huge vinyl on a real turntable can feel better for a vinyl dj :)

But apart from that xp10 will work as vinyl:) many even report it as working better even... :)

发表时间 Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 1:08 am
http://files.eks.fi/xp10_djmag_review.pdf

DJ magazine reviews XP10
David Eserin - Technoscan Editor for DJ Magazine writes:

" DJmag loaded a tune using nothing but the controller and was instantly able to play and control it like vinyl .. outstanding touch sensitive control ... This is not vinyl emulation, it’s a step above.The XP10 comes closest to providing a complete solution for digital DJs."

;)

发表时间 Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 1:16 am
rice4uHome userMember since 2004
damn guys, how can i get my level higher, cuz i want to be able to download these samples

发表时间 Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 1:22 am

发表时间 Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 1:26 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)